cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUINED CREDIT RATING! BE CAUTIOUS WHEN o2 Chat AGENTS SAY YOU OWE NOTHING!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Below is an extract of the complaint letter I will be posting to o2 today Recorded and signed for, and it breifely describes the hell o2 has put me through.

In December, I used your web chat to terminate a couple of accounts that I no longer required. And I was told that there would be no charge. I have included these documents (both o2 Transcripts that say for both accounts that there was no termination fee, and I ask like 3 times to ensure that it is correct).

In June 2015 (last month) I attempted to get a small amount of credit, and was declined. This was very strange, because my credit score last time I checked was over 900.

I signed up to a credit checking agency to check my credit, and discover that o2 have registered 5 late payments to my account. I am still now, after about 6 phone calls and 3-4 emails sorting out this mess. And I hope to have this removed.

I phoned your customer service team, the first person I spoke to was short with me from the start, saying that I owed money, that is why its registered as a late payment, and I told her to read the notes, but she kept insisting that I owed money. I had at this point had enough and had raised my voice. She then patronisingly told me that there was no need to raise my voice, twice. I said she was a stupid Customer service Agent (admittedly anger got the best of me) She then began to shout at me! What happened to the customer is always right? When she shouted at me, I told her the same advice she gave me, “that there is no need to raise your voice” to which she hung up on me. To say I was angry at the point is a huge understatement.

The above shows that o2 simply does not give two thoughts about Customer Service. They have become too big, and don't care about screwing people over.

I have had my credit rating destroyed because of the lack of communication from o2 to myself. I mean why would I check that I owed money, after being told that I owe nothing to terminate!!!!!!! 

I am glad I kept the transcripts, ALWAYS keep your transcripts.

I have also emailed the credit team now that I believe my account has been completely zeroed. 

They have not got back to me! WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE. 

If any o2 employees see this, please could you chase them up?

Don't fall into the same trap I did. After speaking to a chat agent in india, call o2 up to confirm what they have said is true!

Good luck everyone else who is still with this disgusting Company!

I will also be looking to submit my story to that watchdog program, as people need to be made aware.

Regards,

James Orme

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have not defaulted, so they better update it like now! or I will really get angry.

Message 31 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have emailed the CEO breifely explaining the issue, and I have told him that I want this sorted today.

Thank GOD that I already have a mortgage. But I may have to re-mortgage soon, so I need this sorted ASAP.

What the hell are the credit team doing?

Message 32 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What the hell are the credit team doing?

From what we've heard previously, they take ages and usually take the moral high ground and refuse to do anything - putting all the blame on the customer.

There needs to be an industry wide procedure putting into place that needs to be auditable in cases such as this to give any customer ample opportunity to pay any outstanding fee's before the debt collectors are called in.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 33 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well hopefully someone will respond. I am sick of o2. Will never touch them again after this. 

Message 34 of 46

jonsie
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I can't blame you in all honesty. Far too many people are affected by incompetent people failing to justify their salaries with a couldn't care less attitude.

Message 35 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly!

Here is an email from Kat (someone who cares) that I have just forwarded to the slowest idiots in the world (credit team):

Hello James,

I have finally sorted out the account and it is at a zero balance. It
has not gone to agency so you can email creditfilereferrals@o2.com.

You need to send something along the lines of:

I am writing to you regarding the account number 1*******2. Due to
being given incorrect information in an online chat log, where I was
told there would be no termination charges. After many discussion with
O2, my account balance is now at zero. This, however, has adversely
affected my credit rating through no fault of my own. I would like this
mark on my credit file removing.

Many Thanks

Apologies this has taken so long to sort out.

Kind regards

Kat
O2 Customer Service

Regards
James O
Message 36 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 124331 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

At last @Anonymous...as you say...someone who gives a damn. wink

Having said that...lets hope the  credit team take the same attitude and move quickly to get this resolved for you. Best of luck ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 46

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Well done Kat slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 38 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha yes well done Kat! The only person At o2 customer who cares!

Hopefully will care more weight by forwarding her message rather than go alone (as they see proof of customer service saying it's not my fault)

I will give them till the end of next week.
Message 39 of 46

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
It really should be dealt with internally by O2 and not by yourself though, I agree.
Message 40 of 46