cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUINED CREDIT RATING! BE CAUTIOUS WHEN o2 Chat AGENTS SAY YOU OWE NOTHING!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Below is an extract of the complaint letter I will be posting to o2 today Recorded and signed for, and it breifely describes the hell o2 has put me through.

In December, I used your web chat to terminate a couple of accounts that I no longer required. And I was told that there would be no charge. I have included these documents (both o2 Transcripts that say for both accounts that there was no termination fee, and I ask like 3 times to ensure that it is correct).

In June 2015 (last month) I attempted to get a small amount of credit, and was declined. This was very strange, because my credit score last time I checked was over 900.

I signed up to a credit checking agency to check my credit, and discover that o2 have registered 5 late payments to my account. I am still now, after about 6 phone calls and 3-4 emails sorting out this mess. And I hope to have this removed.

I phoned your customer service team, the first person I spoke to was short with me from the start, saying that I owed money, that is why its registered as a late payment, and I told her to read the notes, but she kept insisting that I owed money. I had at this point had enough and had raised my voice. She then patronisingly told me that there was no need to raise my voice, twice. I said she was a stupid Customer service Agent (admittedly anger got the best of me) She then began to shout at me! What happened to the customer is always right? When she shouted at me, I told her the same advice she gave me, “that there is no need to raise your voice” to which she hung up on me. To say I was angry at the point is a huge understatement.

The above shows that o2 simply does not give two thoughts about Customer Service. They have become too big, and don't care about screwing people over.

I have had my credit rating destroyed because of the lack of communication from o2 to myself. I mean why would I check that I owed money, after being told that I owe nothing to terminate!!!!!!! 

I am glad I kept the transcripts, ALWAYS keep your transcripts.

I have also emailed the credit team now that I believe my account has been completely zeroed. 

They have not got back to me! WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE. 

If any o2 employees see this, please could you chase them up?

Don't fall into the same trap I did. After speaking to a chat agent in india, call o2 up to confirm what they have said is true!

Good luck everyone else who is still with this disgusting Company!

I will also be looking to submit my story to that watchdog program, as people need to be made aware.

Regards,

James Orme

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147070 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Unfortunately it's another of the reasons why we NEVER recommend live chat for account related issues of this nature.
Good luck with sorting this out and let us know what Watchdog says about it esp as you aren't the only person this has happened to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 46

jonsie
  • 93331 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Quite a terrible story but you have the transcripts.

Did you not get emails to say there was a bill due? If there were five missed payments I would have expected a letter from a collection agency, a phone call...anything.

We always advise calling rather than using live chat. As far as we are aware, chat cannot close an account and always refer you to 202.

Hope you get this sorted.

Message 3 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

No emails at all. 

No letters, no collection agency letters, no phone calls. I litterly had to find out for myself via my credit rating. 

And yes they have a massive failure at o2 with there webchat. If the Webchat agents can't handle things like account closures, then they shouldn't have the power to do it.

Message 4 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
So in your opinion, would you say live chat cannot deal with account based queries?
Message 5 of 46

jonsie
  • 93331 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 6 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say anything more than providing information or getting items such as sims sent out is all they are good for.

Anything that could potentially invlove money should not be discussed over webchat, because they lie, they don't really know what they are on about, and they don't apply the actions correctly.

Message 7 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
This is the general consensus with regular members opinions of live chat too.
Sadly they are of very limited use imo
Message 8 of 46

MI5
  • 147070 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anything that could potentially invlove money should not be discussed over webchat, because they lie, they don't really know what they are on about, and they don't apply the actions correctly.

That one sentence alone perfectly sums up live chat 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they should just have the agents who normally deal with phone requests to do webchat (or at least the same standard of customer service agent, in English centres, with proper procedures in place just like the call operators.)

What I am even more disgusted about is how rude the phone agents have been to me! They should all be beniding over backward to resolve this issue they have caused.

I have never made a late payment on any credit or finance, let alone a default, which has almost occured simply because of their lack of communication.

Disgusting customer service!

Message 10 of 46