cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying off contract early

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it at all possible I can pay off my contract early but NOT upgrade my phone or my plan? I want to keep my phone but just pay O2 what is owed, but all at once instead of over the remainer of the 24 months.

The only issue is that when I got this phone, I was 17 (but in full time employment), so my mum signed up for the contract in her name.

However, I'm now 18 and I've started a new job recently that pays quite a bit more than my last, and whilst I have money I want to clear all my contracts and debts.

Is there any easy way of doing this WITHOUT using the O2 Refresh thing, and preferably without getting my mum to ring up and ask the helpdesk.

Thanks, George slight_smile

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As the OP has just recently turned 18 and started a new job, he may not have been in work long enough to pass a credit check on his own contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 17

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Ahhhh I see.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@L_W_Ward

The OP mentioned "without using the Refresh thing" so I "think" it is an old style contract.

IF this is the case, paying off the contract to start a sim only one still means he is effectively paying for two contracts.
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As I see it, he is better off just paying off the handset via My O2 and his mum just cancelling the airtime. He can then take up a sim only monthly tariff and build up his credit rating that way. If he eventually wants another Refresh contract he will then have that option.

Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

As the OP has just recently turned 18 and started a new job, he may not have been in work long enough to pass a credit check on his own contract.

I would agree with that....and in fact about to type the same @Bambino and then I saw your post wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Agreed
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can the OP confirm if the existing contract is refresh or not please?
Message 17 of 17