cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Account Into Credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Seeing as O2 don't seem to want customers to email them questions direct (nice customer service by the way!) I was hoping someone in here might be able to answer a question.

I currently pay my contract monthly by direct debit but I was wondering if it's possible to pay in advance using a debit/credit card.  If I was to cancel my DD and pay a lump sum of say £200, would this then sit as a credit on my account and my monthly bills be deducted until it ran out?  If so:

a) Can I do this online?  I found a page that was called 'make a payment' but there was no options to enter details etc.

b) What would happen when the credit ran down and there wasn't enough left to cover a bill completely, would I just get a reminder to pay the extra?

c) I know some companies charge extra for not having a DD set up, can't see anything on the website but does O2 do this?

d) Can I make payments to my account as and when or do I have to wait for a bill to be generated?

Sorry about all the questions, obviously I'd prefer to actually ask O2 themselves!

Many thanks for any advice you can give!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately what you have put (which I thought too initially) is not true.

Jonsie is correct, any credit in your account will be used first and the direct debit will not be taken until needed.

You were given the wrong information.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks to both of you for this. It is a bit of a pain been given wrong information. Eapecially as I have messaged my bank via Internet Banking, asking them to take it out. I will see what they say. Hopefully when they reply it will be the same as yourselves, then I will have great pleasure in complaining to them about incorrect information.
Message 12 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

wink

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to confirm folks you were all right and that stupid 'trained' Live Chat person was wrong. 

I have just been billed today and indeed they have taken it out of the credit. I wish now I had saved a transcript of the Live Chat so I could then complain to o2 for wrong information. Don't know if it is worth still doing anyway. 

I didn't get a reply via online banking regarding my initial message so I guess that will be another constructive complaint going in (I don't complain for the sake of it, only when there is justification, and I do compliment too Cat Very Happy). They said 2 working days!

Many thanks for your replies.

Message 14 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Glad to be of help! slight_smile

It's what we do.

Message 15 of 15