cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Pay Monthly iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on a problem that I have with my iPhone 4. Over the last couple of weeks (I have had more than 1 year of trouble free service), I have been told by the people who call me that when they call me, they hear a very short ring tone and then my voicemail cuts in - I have no ringing on my phone. If they call again, then my phone rings and they get through no problems. 

I have contacted O2 Customer Services who first told me to turn voicemail off. After that, instead of one ring and then voicemail, callers heard one ring, then a beep and then nothing. Still no ringing o my phone.

A follow-up call with O2 resulted in a new SIM, but I still have the same issue.

Now, the real oddity is that if we go through the above process of the first call that does not get through to me, the second one that does, thereafter, calls get through first time. If I move my position (I am guessing to another mast) then I am back where I started. So it seems that the network does not know where I am until it has dumped the first call on a new mast, but thereafter it is fine until I move to a new mast.

Also, this is the situation irrespective of where I am, so it is not specific to my home and a specific mast.

Can anyone help me make sense of this and possibly give me some clues how to fix it.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

To contract customers it's free to unlock the iPhone.

To payg is £15

Form : https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on.
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you get it sorted slight_smile
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone else is reading this and thinking that it mirrors a problem that they have, here is the solution identified by the chap in the Apple Store, Reading. Don't have the phone in "Do not disturb" mode and expect it to ring!

Not being an iPhone user mysef (Android all the way :smileywink:), I did not realise that the small moon near the battery indicator meant that the phone was in a very clearver DnD mode that blocked the first call from a caller, but allowed the second one through.

Oh well, you live and learn - thanks to all who read the post and took the time to try to help.

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops !

Glad you got sorted in the end.

Crazy

Message 15 of 15