cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to swap 2 contracts between 2 SIMs..!!??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just upgraded to Apple iPhone 5 but am swapping with my Dad for his Sony Xperia Z.

The iPhone takes a nano SIM but the Z takes a mini/micro SIM. The issue we have is that we want to keep our tariffs/numbers, but due to the fact that our SIMs are useless in the phone we are swapping to everything is a really big mess!! 

I'm willing to cut down Dad's micro SIM to fit the iPhone, but that leaves me with a useless naano SIM, and I was wondering if it's possible for O2 to simply switch the accounts around on the SIM cards, making my "slice and dice" tactics unnecessary!!!

Help would be much appreciated, we're both eager to start using our shiny new phones!:smileywink:

Pat

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Hi

Yes this should be possible, if you pop into an O2 store they will be able to give you the required SIM. They should also be able to do the exchange in store, or if you'd prefer to complete yourself when you get home with the 2 new SIM cards visit http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ and it will take you through the process

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Hi

Yes this should be possible, if you pop into an O2 store they will be able to give you the required SIM. They should also be able to do the exchange in store, or if you'd prefer to complete yourself when you get home with the 2 new SIM cards visit http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ and it will take you through the process

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much... I guess that is the simplest option!
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

To save you any hassle trying to cut the SIM down, just get one of each SIM type and swap each number over onto the relevant SIM.

Easy peasy!

Message 4 of 4