Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number to O2

Arthur3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently Virgin Media asked for me to transfer my mobile account to O2. A new O2 sim arrived by post and on Friday 28th October I advised O2 of my PAC code ([Removed]). I was advised that on Tuesday 1st November the swap would be complete. When Tuesday arrived and the swap had not been made I contacted O2 and was advised that by 6 o’clock in the evening the swap would be complete. Again this did not happen, when I contacted O2 I was told that, although the swap was still planned, no time or date when it would happen could be given. It is now Friday morning and the swap has still not been made.

It is very important for me to receive phone calls on my old number which I have not been able to do since Virgin terminated my service on Tuesday morning, as agreed. Your staff suggested it may be a good idea to text all the people that could possibly call me advising them of my temporary number.

This is an appauling level of service with none of your staff able or willing to sort it out.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124233 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Arthur3 

There are isssues with the third party dealing with porting. It's a known issue and being worked on.

It's not just O2

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124233 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Arthur3 

There are isssues with the third party dealing with porting. It's a known issue and being worked on.

It's not just O2

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

xCherryx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same problem. When I ordered my phone and tariff, I gave my PAC code but had no details of it was being processed, nothing.  Not a great start to joining O2. Tried to fill out the online keep uour number form but it kept saying something went wrong. Then I tried to join the chat to expert but said they were all busy and try again later.  

Now what can we do???

Message 3 of 4

Eddy101
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did this get resolved?

Message 4 of 4