cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal in the area, O2 aware but not doing anything

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, at my home postcode in CH8, the O2 network is very poor. The coverage map shows strong indoor 2G and variable 3G indoor. My phone often displayes adequate GPRS and EDGE signal indoors, and occasional 3G (although this doesnt last long). However, on 2G, calls are of extremely low quality to the point where I cant hear the other person and they can't hear me, with lots of noise on the line. Calls often drop or fail to connect. Another poing is that signal will be strong, yet periodically drop to no service around 5 times a day.I have spoken to O2 on numerous occasions, and have been told that they have had a lot of complaints about it from people in the area, yet all is apparently "fine" and theres little they can do besides using TuGo at home (not ideal but better than nothing). 

I switched to O2 after having poor signal in uni with Orange, and now im back home for the summer and O2 signal is awful. Orange kindly put me on a cheaper tarrif which allowed me to afford an early termination fee to cancel. 

It's really irritating to not be able to call anyone at home

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with O2 about a similar problem? I feel like i'm getting nowhere 😞

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to have the 3G toggle but after a carrier update it was replaced with LTE. On a side note, how do I tag people in posts? Sorry, new to this forum.
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes the same happened on my 5s when I upgraded to a Payg Big Bundle 4g tariff. 😞
Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yeah, unfortunately that option is not available on iPhones 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add.

Add a @ before the members name and they should get an email notification telling them someone has mentioned them.

Ie

@Anonymous
Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Just type the @ sign then the name you want to tag... 

@Anonymous 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Anonymous slight_smile I was just so excited to get the carrier update because I was told I could get 4G at no extra cost. I even went to liverpool to test it out. Kind of regretting it now though
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm very very lucky to be in a city with very fast speeds.

50mbps downloads on 4G which can be faster than my Bt Fibre Optic Broadband.
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

After giving it a few days, I have seen no improvement in call quality. Signal drops are still occuring regularly. Having spoken to the network support team, I have now been told i need to use my sim in a phone where I can disable 3G/ a 2G only phone. I have dug out a 2G phone and tried a few calls and have been barely able to understand the other end and have been told they couldn't understand me. I will keep using it for a day or two until I ring back, and I hope this helps resolve the issue (although apparently the phone masts were worked on to fix it which hasn't occured. 

It is quite inconvenient to have to use another phone, since i'm paying for an iPhone contract - but I was told that it was necessary to take the case further.

I will post with any updates when I have them

Message 18 of 18