Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone been cut off after agreement to pay at later date

Pauls1979
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Prior to my bill date I phoned customer support to arrange a late payment as I had just lost my job and country was been placed in lockdown due to the Coronavirus. This was agreed bu 02 customer support. However my phone was still disconnected after a few days without any notice! I have lost a friend to the virus who I could not make contact with because my phone was turned off and I have an elderly mother who is high risk that I can not communicate with! I have trained making contact with customer support everyday now and can not get through on the phone or chat. I know this is hard times but I am completely with communication with people I love because o2 have not honoured what they agreed! Can someone please help me? I have been with 02 for twenty years and I’m disgusted I have been treated this way during such an awful period. How can I contact someone to discuss this vi have tried every number I can find. Please help
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Pauls1979
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have now made contact with 02 three times. Had my phone turned back on as originally agreed three times and have also had my phone turned off three times. And have been told to expect it to happen again. And will need to keep calling back. . It’s the automated system that is disconnecting phones regardless of what has been agreed in advance.
It’s a disgrace really. In my opinion this system should be turned off until at least the country is off of lockdown and people can return to work. O2 are putting peoples lives and wellbeing at risk.
I thought the strap line this awful time in our history was “we are in it together”?
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Pauls1979 wrote:
I have now made contact with 02 three times. Had my phone turned back on as originally agreed three times and have also had my phone turned off three times. And have been told to expect it to happen again. And will need to keep calling back. . It’s the automated system that is disconnecting phones regardless of what has been agreed in advance.
It’s a disgrace really. In my opinion this system should be turned off until at least the country is off of lockdown and people can return to work. O2 are putting peoples lives and wellbeing at risk.
I thought the strap line this awful time in our history was “we are in it together”?

Totally agree and something we all have been campaigning for  @Pauls1979 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

Pauls1979
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don’t know if it will do any help but I have emailed both the BBC & ITV. I’m no campaigner but o2 has caused me considerable distress and anxiety over the past week it’s been awful and I’ve been scared.

Turning my phone off under normal times would not be an issue. Calling in everyday to get my phone reconnected wouldn’t be a problem. In normal times we can deal with that. Been left without communications during these times is unacceptable.

The o2 advisors are thin on the ground and struggling to keep up with calls. The advisors shouldn’t have to Be flooded with calls from people who are scared for there loved ones. It’s not there fault.
02 needs to fix this quick in my opinion.

We don’t know what’s around the corner. It’s a time for everyone to be talking more not been left alone and isolated. Not knowing if family are safe and well. Shame on you 02!
Message 14 of 19

Sensotronic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bet the Cheif Exec would not get cut off. Or have to sit in a queue. But then I guess why should he care. It's not his problem. He could do the right thing and get this sorted in seconds.
Message 15 of 19

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Sensotronic , sorry to hear you've also been cut off despite managing to contact customer service earlier. I will drop you as well a private message shortly so I can get someone on our end to help.

Message 16 of 19

Customer123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi.... I also have contacted o2 customer services to arrange a delayed payment which was agreed over the phone and now 2 days later have been cut off after been assured this would not be the case! And can not contact anyone due to outgoing calls being deactivated! I am so angry at this time in the worlds current situations that you make it in unaccessesable to contact family and friends!
Message 17 of 19

Customer123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 18 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Customer123 

The system will always cut you off regardless of any agreement. 

You need to call O2 via Skype to be reconnected. 

Numbers and Skype guide here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 19