Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone been cut off after agreement to pay at later date

Pauls1979
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Prior to my bill date I phoned customer support to arrange a late payment as I had just lost my job and country was been placed in lockdown due to the Coronavirus. This was agreed bu 02 customer support. However my phone was still disconnected after a few days without any notice! I have lost a friend to the virus who I could not make contact with because my phone was turned off and I have an elderly mother who is high risk that I can not communicate with! I have trained making contact with customer support everyday now and can not get through on the phone or chat. I know this is hard times but I am completely with communication with people I love because o2 have not honoured what they agreed! Can someone please help me? I have been with 02 for twenty years and I’m disgusted I have been treated this way during such an awful period. How can I contact someone to discuss this vi have tried every number I can find. Please help
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'd just get a PAYG sim and put it in your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It's such a pity that while other systems on O2 are on a go slow, pulling the plug when people can't pay for whatever reason, is still working well!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I saw the irony there too, but no less than we've come to expect.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It's ridiculous. Other major companies are allowing payment breaks...but not O2.

The ONE good thing they could do for people who suddenly lose all form of income or are vulnerable, alone and at risk, and they blow it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I quite agree.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening @Pauls1979 , I just came across your topic here and was sorry to hear that your phone was cut off despite arranging a new payment date with customer service.

I have just sent you a private message here on the forum - if you still need help with this, please do drop me a reply and I'll try get someone on our end to help.

Message 7 of 19

Sensotronic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same to me..... money wins always. They assured me I would not get cut off and they cut me off.

no one from o2 to call or get in contact with,   Just left out to dry. Shocking behaviour 

Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There's a few hundred more on here in the same situation @Marjo including frontline key workers......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 19