Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly sim only

Natasha5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yesterday I ordered a pay monthly sim only deal on my account for my sons phone as there was a great deal available! It is due to be delivered tomorrow however I don’t want them to change my number, I got a text from o2 this morning saying “to activate the new sim text SWAP to ——“ however I don’t require a swap... I’d like to keep my number in my phone that I pay for monthly and the new sim to be an additional extra that I will pay for, I’m wondering if I need to cancel it or if there is something I need to do, all I can seem to find on forums is to get a pac code to keep my number but then what would happen to the sim I have now that I pay for with my phone contract? I’m very confused!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148999 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Natasha5 

Don't do anything.

The contract will change on the current sim.

The new sim is only required if changing phones with a different sim size.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

Hi @Natasha5 

You need to contact O2 asap. Buying a new sim only deal on your account appears to O2 that you are upgrading YOUR tariff instead of setting up a new one for your son.

All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

the best one to call appears to be 0800 587 4005

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3