cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go.....closing account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, both my sons have pay as you go O2 sim cards in their phones which have been on auto top ups. They have both received new phones for Christmas as the new house we have moved into has very poor/no o2 reception whatsoever. I have cancelled the auto top up, is there anything else I need to do, as they will not be using the phones again.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The payg accounts will de activate after around 6 months of non use or top up.

The SIM cards will then be defunct.

Have you thought about unlocking the phones from O2 while the accounts are still live so they can be used on any network as back ups etc.

£15 for payg.

Unlock form.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
The payg accounts will de activate after around 6 months of non use or top up.

The SIM cards will then be defunct.

Have you thought about unlocking the phones from O2 while the accounts are still live so they can be used on any network as back ups etc.

£15 for payg.

Unlock form.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%...
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Remember to use up any credit left. You have paid for it after all.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You will need a PAC for each of the phone numbers if you wish to keep them and move them to the new network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4