cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Simplicity and future handsets

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I just want some clarification re this statement:

"You can upgrade when you’re in the last month of your contract or by using the early upgrade benefit that comes with some of our tariffs. If you are happy with your existing handset you can upgrade online to one of our simplicity tariffs or you can get a credit  added to your bill for resigning to a contract without a new phone. If your existing contract is a simplicity tariff, you can upgrade to include a mobile whenever you like, however you may be subject to an increase in line rental."

It appeals to me because I want to keep my current handset till better/newer ones come out, but likely will in the next 6 months want a different handset. So does this mean if i get a new handset outright i cant use this contract unless its a brand new tariff upgrade to include a mobile eg o2 refresh or whatever? Or can i get a new handset at any time, and if I need a different SIM, eg jumping from iphone to blackberry I will be able to do so continuing with just the simplicity contract?

Basically if i want  a new handset am i forced into entering a new contract with higher line rental?

Cheers for your input

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
as long as you buy the handset you want sim free the simplicity sim will work only the data side may need to be changed iphone / standard / bb (before bb10 handsets) but that is separate from the main simplicity sim only deals and you can swap sim sizes no problem keeping the simplicity deal you want
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
as long as you buy the handset you want sim free the simplicity sim will work only the data side may need to be changed iphone / standard / bb (before bb10 handsets) but that is separate from the main simplicity sim only deals and you can swap sim sizes no problem keeping the simplicity deal you want
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 2