cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Cancellation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the samsung s4 for u pto around 2 months, however i'm looking to cancel my contract. How would i go about doing this? Do i have to pay money? also, could i keep the same number if i cancel my contract or not?

Thankyou. 

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your on Reftesh then just ring 202 and pay off your Handset plan. Then ask for your Pac code so you can take your mobile number to a new Network.When the new network uses the code within 30 days this will cancel your contract ,and you'll get the final bill. Leave any Direct Debit Bill in place until a few months after cancelling.

If you don't want to keep your number then tell them this on the same call to pay up your handset plan.

If your on a 2 year style contract , not Refresh then it's the monthly amount x how many months left minus any bolt on's.

You also have the options to move to a Sim Only O2 contract or Payg.

Pac Code Help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Cancel Contract Help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to pay remain of you contact off.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cancelling your O2 contract

Contact us if you want to end your contract.

If you're a sim only customer, on Pay Monthly (not O2 Refresh) or have joined O2 through a third party, your contract runs for a minimum of 1, 12, 18 or 24 months. Find out when it ends (your contract renewal date) in My O2

If you cancel before your contract has ended, we'll need 30 days' notice, and you may have to pay a charge.

O2 Refresh customer? You can pay off your Device Plan at any point within your 24 month contract and just pay your Airtime Plan (texts, minutes and data) until you're ready to start a new contract

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our Change of Mind and our Returns & Repairs Policies

We understand that sometimes you may change your mind. That's why we have a 14-day Change of Mind period for all our customers. If you're not 100% happy with your purchase, here's what to do.

All of our customers have the right to cancel their contract within 14 days from when you sign up or when you get your sim and / or device (whichever one's later).

If you're a Refresh customer, you've the right to cancel your whole Refresh deal (both your Airtime Plan and Device Plan Credit Agreement) within those 14 days. Or you can change your device for another one but you can only do this once. If you've signed up to O2 Refresh by buying out your old contract early and then change your mind, you can't go back to your old tariff once your new service has started and you can't get a refund on your old contract buy-out fee.

To cancel:

Let us know that you want to cancel. You can do that by contacting us or you can use the cancellation form hereYou'll need to return all your goods to the same place you bought it within 14 days of telling us you want to cancel the contract. The goods must still be in a brand new condition (including removing any security features and other protections that would prevent us from accessing it - (e.g. "Find My iPhone" in iOS7, any other security app, locking a device to your iCloud account/Apple Store/Google Play account). If you've taken a bundle, this means you'll need to return all the equipment in that bundle. If you received your equipment in the post, print out and follow the instructions on the cancellation form (above).If you've taken a sim only or a bolt-on, with no phone or tablet, then you'll still need to tell us you want to cancel, but you don't have to return the sim. Instead you'll need to break it in half and throw it away. You can do that by contacting us or you can use the cancellation form hereIf you cancel, we'll reimburse you for all the payments you've made, apart from your old contract buy-out fee or any express delivery charges.We also might need to deduct money if the goods come back damaged or used beyond what's reasonable. You're allowed to do what's necessary to make sure that what you've received from us is what you thought you were buying, and that it all works as you expected. But no more than that. You'll be responsible for any damage and reduced value of the goods as a result of your opening, testing or playing with the product. If you use it more than's needed to check it, then we'll have to deduct an amount from your reimbursement to cover the damage. You'll also be charged for any services you've used. So if you asked us to start providing something before the end of your 14 day cancellation period, thenyou'll pay for the services (e.g. calls, texts, data) that you've usedWe will make sure we pay you back within 14 days of you returning the goods or providing evidence that you tried to return the equipment. If you cancel your Device Plan without returning all your equipment you will have to pay for the goods in full, straightaway.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your on Reftesh then just ring 202 and pay off your Handset plan. Then ask for your Pac code so you can take your mobile number to a new Network.When the new network uses the code within 30 days this will cancel your contract ,and you'll get the final bill. Leave any Direct Debit Bill in place until a few months after cancelling.

If you don't want to keep your number then tell them this on the same call to pay up your handset plan.

If your on a 2 year style contract , not Refresh then it's the monthly amount x how many months left minus any bolt on's.

You also have the options to move to a Sim Only O2 contract or Payg.

Pac Code Help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Cancel Contract Help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had the samsung s4 for u pto around 2 months, however i'm looking to cancel my contract. How would i go about doing this? Do i have to pay money? also, could i keep the same number if i cancel my contract or not?

Thankyou. 

Call CS to get the correct details regarding your account (the process is different depending on where you took your contract from)....

The short answer is Yes, to both questions but conditions will apply http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 7