cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Payment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

My bill isn't due until the 24th of February but I was wondering is there any way in which I can pay part of the bill now and then the rest on the day it is due? Just to make it easier to manage funds and not have it all come out at once.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You can make a part payment at any time through My O2. It will go onto your account as a credit and will be deducted from what you owe when the bill needs to be paid. You can also make a partial payment via customer service but My O2 is better and much much quicker.

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You can make a part payment at any time through My O2. It will go onto your account as a credit and will be deducted from what you owe when the bill needs to be paid. You can also make a partial payment via customer service but My O2 is better and much much quicker.

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@AnonymousIf you go into My O2, directly below 'View Latest bill' you will see this.

Make payment.PNG

Make a payment by clicking on the section I have highlighted.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

If you have a Direct Debit in place, it's just worth making sure you don't make any additional/manual payments to your account in the 3 days or so before it's due to be collected, as by this time the payment request will have already been sent over to your bank so it's likely that we'd still take the full amount from your account, in addition to anything you'd paid by card. 

Other than that, go for it. slight_smile

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Wa10  If the OP has a Direct Debit in place, and makes a partial manual payment in the interim, won't the full amount be taken on the due date unless the OP informs their bank to alter the DD amount?

@Anonymous  Without wishing to pry, is this just a one off for this month, or are you having a problem meeting your regular monthly payments? If it's the latter, you should speak to customer service to see if they can help.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@Bambino no, that would only be if it was a standing order which is controlled by you/your bank. With a DD, O2 pull the payment each month therefore they only request the amount that is needed to cover the outstanding balance on the account. slight_smile This only becomes an issue if payments towards that balance are made after the payment request is sent to the bank, as the request cannot then be amended and would potentially mean either an overpayment being made or the risk of the DD being returned if insufficient funds were available.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah, o2 will just request what is owed view the DD.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Thanks for the explanation @Wa10. Might also help someone else who may find themselves in the same situation.

Still not clear on the OP's situation, as we don't know whether they have a DD in place or not, but I guess that's their business, not ours.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Wa10 wrote:

If you have a Direct Debit in place, it's just worth making sure you don't make any additional/manual payments to your account in the 3 days or so before it's due to be collected, as by this time the payment request will have already been sent over to your bank so it's likely that we'd still take the full amount from your account, in addition to anything you'd paid by card. 

Other than that, go for it. slight_smile

Worth noting but the reason I didn't mention it was the bill isn't due till the 28th. Worth a mention for others though.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
For sure, plenty of time to make payments.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10