Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK the hard to get code

Kymosabby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contract is up this week and there’s The same phones that have been on market all year have nothing to grab me,but rumours of something big comming from Apple at end of year made me think I’ll wait and not tie myself to a contract yet. So I went onto live chat to get my PDK code to use on my new phone when I get it in Dec or Jan. After an hour and something I still could not convince the guy on the phone to give it to me. “I can’t have the code until I had a o2pay as you go sim”no thanks just the code. “ I could have one of o2s great deals by going to www. Something. Waste my time.Co. UK . No thanks just the code. “I could get a pay as you go account till I get the new phone” no thanks just the code” it’s omly £16 a month” so you want me to pay £16 a month to sit on this sim as I don’t have a phone right now just to keep my number? no thanks just give me the code. “ the new supplyer will give you a puk code and you give it to o2 for us to give you the puk code” In other words give o2 my new puk and not the other way round? I was so p off I gave up and Called EE straight away to get a phone I don’t really want Just to get a new puk code which I will give to the o2 guy, by the way EE says thanks for getting them the business o2 guy, let’s see what happens. Watch this space
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have an EE phone then you want the PAC to leave O2. You then give this code to EE who will transfer your number onto their network. I have no idea why you asked EE for the PUK to give to O2. That code is simply to unblock the EE sim if you put the incorrect pin number in 3 times. If you want to stay with O2 you need an unlocked phone and buying from EE means the phone is locked to their network. You need your PAC from O2 as I explained.

Have a read through this help guide.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Calling 202 and choosing the option for leaving is better than live chat.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have an EE phone then you want the PAC to leave O2. You then give this code to EE who will transfer your number onto their network. I have no idea why you asked EE for the PUK to give to O2. That code is simply to unblock the EE sim if you put the incorrect pin number in 3 times. If you want to stay with O2 you need an unlocked phone and buying from EE means the phone is locked to their network. You need your PAC from O2 as I explained.

Have a read through this help guide.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Calling 202 and choosing the option for leaving is better than live chat.

Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kymosabby We normally suggest speaking to someone rather than Live Chat, but I expect that whoever you were chatting with didn't understand what you were talking about because you were asking for something they couldn't give you. Follow the link @jonsie has given you. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Kymosabby 

There are numerous new phones being released in September of this year by a few manufacturers. So when that happens it's a PAC you need to transfer to another network...not a PUK, which as said above, is the code for unblocking a phone.

I think you have just cost yourself a load of money, which was totally unnecessary....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have a read of this which will explain where you went wrong https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/What-code-do-I-need-PAC-or-PUK/ba-p/1076528
You are now tied into 2 years with EE and no chance of a new Phone at the end of the year without paying a penalty, which could have been avoided if you had asked us what to do.
In your position, I would have dropped to a sim only deal from which I could upgrade at the end of the year to a new refresh contract without the need for a pac, puk or any other code of any description.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you guys made it clear as I couldn’t work out why a puk was needed in the first place
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Kymosabby wrote:
.......let’s see what happens. Watch this space

Personally, I can't wait Happy Dance

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I've never dealt with EE, but I would think that they have a returns policy in place possibly similar to O2's. If the OP has come back to see replies, perhaps he'll see he's made a mistake and can rectify it before it's too late.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kymosabby Please come back & see the replies in this thread 

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions