Did you mean: 

PAC codes on pay monthly contract

Newbie125
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I was in a 24-month contract of a M4 Aqua phone set-up by ex-girlfriend, the phone number was originally mine but now my number is tied to her account, the contract is now up but i'm still paying monthly for the data and calls - roughly £18 a month.

I've now tried to request my PAC code so I can switch to PAYG but can not due to it being under my ex-gf account.

Eventually, I managed to get her to contact 02 to send me a PAC code, unfortunately, my phone is irreversibly broken and cannot access the text msg that contains the PAC code. 

Is there not another way to get a PAC code to be sent via email or an easier way? I rather not want to buy a phone solely to gain access to a PAC code

Apparerntly, my ex-gf has said that they do not email out PAC codes, I do not know what to do please help

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As long as it's an unlocked or O2 phone, your sim will work in it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

The M4 aqua takes a nano SIM, so cutting it down to size  must have been exciting, in any case you can easily do a SIM swap at any O2 store for a 4 in one sim that will work on any unlocked or O2 phone!

(except possibly the ones that take full credit card sized sims..that's to say the cc sized card will fit the phone just may not be readable due to the nano sized chip)

And whilst having an active sim in a working phone  isn't essential to the port's success - it will help a great deal espec. if the port doesn't go smoothly.

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or did you mean cut as in pushed out of the precut 4 in 1 hole or holes in which case you can adapt it back using the holes or a bought adaptor.

(What's the term for the holes that once held a SIM? They arent adaptors cos the nano sim falls out easily but they are usable as adaptors tho going back from nano to standard or cc sized needs cellotape on the back to work... Or risk the nano SIM getting lost or jammed.)

Message 13 of 19

Newbie125
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They'd cut the sim right in front of me in the 02 store! 

I think your right, gonna have to source a cheap phone that has a nano slot, any recommendations?

Message 14 of 19

Newbie125
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is the response I got back from my ex, apparently, they do not do this although I have no way of confirming this 100%. 

"I already did with two separate colleagues neither of them could give it to me on chat. The only time I got anywhere was when I was on the phone and they had to text it to the number of the phone it was for. You should be able to get a text message if you pop your sim into another phone. If it doesn't come up then it means the time expired and a new one will have to be requested."

Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That’s rubbish I’m afraid.
They will read it out or give it on chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 19

Newbie125
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Her response back "The guy on the phone said it couldn't be given over the phone it would be sent out via text. The ones on the chat if I'm being honest were completely useless in the first place and it's possible just didn't know what they were doing."

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

If they refuse to help any further you’ll just have to get a cheap phone to receive it. Don’t worry about it taking a nano sim as you can get adapters to make a nano fit in a larger slot.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 19

Newbie125
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a new phone that can fit the nano sim, still patiently waiting for that PAC code to arrive, although other messages, calls and voicemails are received pretty much instantly 

Message 19 of 19