PAC code

Dave1970
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi and thank you.

First time poster...

I have a contract that has under 1 month left on the contract and owing 81 on the device plan.

I also have an apple watch for which I pay approx £50 a month and have 9 months left yo run.

I want yo keep the watch bill ongoing for the duration but want a PAC for the phone number. I thought this would generate a final bill plus or minus around the £81 device bill. However the pac sms states the termination is approx £550.

So it seems the pac is to terminate and pay the balance on the watch as well.

I remember when I got the watch it was a requirement to have an o2 phone as well. The think is.... I took the watch on 10 months when I only had 2 months left on the phone contract. Surely I don't have to pay the entire watch balance as I wouldn't have taken the watch.

I'm happy to have the watch as a stand alone and pay the balance plus the £5 data charge. Or get a payg and connect the watch to it or even take a cheap sim only deal purely to make the watch fully operational.

Can I had some advice on the watch and whether I can assign it to another number. How can I just pay off the device and continue to pay monthly for the watch.

Thank you.
Dave.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

Does my contract expire at the same time as my iPhone?

Unless you bought your iPhone and Apple Watch from O2 at the same time, it’s unlikely that your contracts will expire at the same time.

If you’ve paid off your iPhone Device Plan and want to cancel your iPhone Airtime Plan, you’ll need to pay off any outstanding balance on your Watch Device Plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@Dave1970 

The T&C's state that you muxt pay off the watch if you cancel the phone contract as the two are tied to each other.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

Does my contract expire at the same time as my iPhone?

Unless you bought your iPhone and Apple Watch from O2 at the same time, it’s unlikely that your contracts will expire at the same time.

If you’ve paid off your iPhone Device Plan and want to cancel your iPhone Airtime Plan, you’ll need to pay off any outstanding balance on your Watch Device Plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Dave1970
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been on 2 chats and 1 telephone call and no one has mentioned this to me. If that's the case then I guess I'm going to look at upgrading to an 8 month refresh and then dumping everything o2 related.

Thank you for the info. Appreciated.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Dave1970
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry. 1 last question.

I'm planning to upgrade to a 12 month cheap O2 sim deal just to cover thw remaining watch duration. Can the watch be asigned to another mobile number as I was hoping to change my number during the upgrade process.

I think these watches are a problem on contract and I guess I'm relieved I didn't take a 24 months on it. I'll consider the gps version next time. Thanks again
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@Dave1970 

Yes I believe so, but you'll need to ask customer service to swap it over for you.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7