cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code for wrong Mobile Number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im gonna switch networks at the end of my contract in July and wanted my PAC Code. I have just talked with someone on the live chat and got it but looking at it i think they have made a mistake.

They gave me the "TEL****** for 07*********" but that mobile number isn't mine its different. Is this a mistake or does it always give you something different?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The phone number should be yours!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that sucks it definalty isn't mine

As soon as it finished i saw the mistake , took almost a hour to get it as well expressionless

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Not only is it a mistake but a rather serious one.... If you hadn't noticed some poor person would of had their number transferred to a different network and if they were a contract customer it would have closed their account and generated a probably hefty bill !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wow how on earth did live chat manage that!
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know thats what worried me when i saw it.

Its the first time ive transferred a number over so i just wanted to make sure that it wasn't the normal thing.

Going to contact them again now and sort it out hopefully but it is pretty bad.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its live chat do we really expect anything else?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

The lesson here is don't use live chat for anything remotely important - call CS whenever possible/convenient

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It couldn't get any more simple than a PAC request. The more worrying aspect is that, although the OP (I assume) answered their security questions correctly the chat operator managed to access someone else's account with them.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah everything was fine, my mobile number is even on the log of the conversation that i printed out.

The other person i spoke to has given me the same PAC code so i guess it must be right not sure why the first person gave me that diffrent mobile number though.

The thing is when i said about the wrong mobile number to the second person they didn't really say anthing about it.

Message 10 of 13