cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code and Contract termination

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having completing my 24 month contract - I was looking to upgrade to the HTC One. Having checked on the website, and gone in shop, I found that O2 come no where near to competitors contracts with similar (if not better) deals, and therefore I am wanting to move to a different provider.

How do I go about getting my PAC Code? - Or does it involve sitting behind the phone for another 30 minutes waiting for no one to answer?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As you have finished your 24 months, your contract now becomes a one month rolling contract. If you want to leave O2, you will have to call Customer Services on 202 from your mobile and give 30 days notice that you wish to terminate your contract. At the same time you need to ask for your PAC. When you give your PAC to your new provider, that will initiate the cancellation process. There is bound to be an overlap between old and new provider, so don't cancel your direct debit with O2 until you get a zero bill. Cancelling before your zero bill could cause credit rating problems, so make sure your last O2 bill is zero. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to do this through Live Chat. Bite the bullet and wait on hold until you speak to someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As you have finished your 24 months, your contract now becomes a one month rolling contract. If you want to leave O2, you will have to call Customer Services on 202 from your mobile and give 30 days notice that you wish to terminate your contract. At the same time you need to ask for your PAC. When you give your PAC to your new provider, that will initiate the cancellation process. There is bound to be an overlap between old and new provider, so don't cancel your direct debit with O2 until you get a zero bill. Cancelling before your zero bill could cause credit rating problems, so make sure your last O2 bill is zero. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to do this through Live Chat. Bite the bullet and wait on hold until you speak to someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried upgrading through 3rd party such as carphone warehouse or similar. I did this just today on one of my phones and the saving compared to o2 direct was incredible. I you ring o2 on 202 they may even match cpw as they have for me in the past.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The deal I am after Involves cashback which takes the contract figuratively to £22 a month. I'll give o2 the chance on trying to beat that but part of me isn't convinced they will (Considering their shop sellers can't haggle a penny) It's through an online retailler. And having spoken to many friends on online retailers reliability, I'm going with it

Bambino, Cheers for the heads up on the online - I'll just call them tomorrow and wait.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please make sure if you do move Networks that your new one gives you good stable Network Signal, and Data Connection where you reside, work and commute.

Don't rely on graphs to show network coverage etc.

A suggestion is to get some payg sim cards for the Networks your interested in and try them out for a week.

Plus before you leave request a handset unlock.

This will mean you can use the handset on another network or this would increase the phones value. 

Its also free for 02 contract customers.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shame on the money grabbers !!!!

I called 1 month and a half before the end of my contract was due and asked when/if I could cancel the monthly contract to make sure it would not automatically be renewed.

I was told it was ok then was given a PAC code for free and was told it would the PAC expire 12 days before the end of my contract.

Having not enrolled another contract with another provider the day the PAC code expired (12 days before the end of my contract), I got back to O2 and asked if i could no longer keep my number because of the expiration. They said I could keep the same code.

My contract ended on the 29/08 and I have stopped using the phone a day earlier to be safe.

Today, i found out that:

• I still get text messages and voice mails on that
  • My online account is showing the future next bill for October when I was told my last bill would have been early September

I then used the chat line to explain the situation and got told the account is not terminated until the PAC code is being transferred. Therefore I will still have to pay from the time my contract was due to end until I get the PAC transfer or if I do not wish to use the PAC, after giving a days notice.

I was never told this in the 1st place, otherwise I would have told them to keep the number.

Anyway, I spent 70min on the chat line with 2 staff members trying to sell me a better deal

than their competitor (which hasn't been the case).

Beware of those bad practices by not informing the customer of the consequences for not getting the PAC code transferred on time.

I am yet to find out how much I'll be charge for a number I haven't used the last couple of days.

This is disgraceful. I have been a customer for many years and vow to never return with them.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Heroeff,

Information about when a PAC Code can be requested ,and when it should be used by is available on the interweb ,or if you had come here to ask we could have advised.

I hope all goes better from this point and you move to the Network of your choice without further hiccup and cost.

Take care.
Message 7 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Heroeff wroteys.

This is disgraceful. I have been a customer for many years and vow to never return with them.

The procedure has been the same across all UK providers since the day mobile phones became popular.

If you had visited the forum beforehand you would have known what to do and how a PAC works.

It's really quite simple:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 9

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Beware of those bad practices by not informing the customer of the consequences for not getting the PAC code transferred on time.

I am yet to find out how much I'll be charge for a number I haven't used the last couple of days.

This will be the same on all networks, they all abide by industry standard rules.

Message 9 of 9