cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2's dishonest Marketing and Web information - Read this exchange with an advisor!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

You're through to 'O2 : Arnie'

Mike: Hi

Arnie: Hi I'm O2 : Arnie. How can I help?

Mike: my bill includes charges for mobile.o2.co.uk. I don't know what this is. my allowance includes 100mb of data and so do not understand this charge...?

Arnie: I'll check that for you.

Arnie: Please confirm your full name and your mobile number ?

Mike: XXXXXXX 07XXXX XXXXXX

Arnie: Thank you.

Arnie: Please can you tell me the 1st and 4th characters of your security answer?

Mike: Depending on the question it's either X X or X X

Arnie: Thank you. First one is correct.

Arnie: Thanks for the information. Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you.

Arnie: Thanks for waiting.

Arnie: As I can see you do not have 100 MB data bolt on.

Arnie: The cost of 100 MB data bolt on is £3.00.

Mike: I'm looking at my account now. It says O2 Web Dailey Free Active No End Date....?

Arnie: Web daily is not a data bolt on. The cost of Web Daily is £1 for a day for 50 MB data for a day.

Arnie: Its not a free data bolt on.

Arnie: We have 3 data bolt ons.

Mike: I think that is extremely misleading then!

Arnie: £3.00= 100 MB , £6 = 500 MB data, £10 = 1GB data.

Mike: Why in 'my allowances' section does it show a Daily limit of 100mb then?

Arnie: Its not allowances. It indicates that you can use 100 MB day instead of 50 MB and the maximum charges would be £1.00 for a day. You will not be charged more then £1.00 for a day.

Mike: In other words this is just plain wrong and extremely misleading. YOu are saying I have a Free allowance of 0mb. This is frankly dishonest. I think this is worth taking up with trading standards or the mobile authorities!

Arnie: You can use 100 MB data for a day for £1.00. For free data you need to take a data bolt on from any of the 3 bolt ons.

Mike: Again - Your advertising, web information and billing information is at best mis leading, and at worst dishonest! I would like to claim a refund of data charges for the past few months.

Arnie: I'm sorry but if you check the website it is written over there that web daily is free of cost. There is no line rental but to access the Internet you will be charged.

Mike: Frankly, O2 is dishonest. I will be taking this up with the watchdog. Very unhappy with O2's marketing tactics!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ the OP, 

I think you need to just put this down to experience and move on. 
Complaining to watchdog/trading standards is not going to help you on this one as it is you that is in the wrong. 

We all get caught out at least once in our life times to T&C's but you learn from it.

Message 11 of 13

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
@the OP

having worked in cs for a mobile company. we will ALWAYS refer back to TnCs and so will any other cs for any company.

if u feel completely wrongly done by I suggest u follow the route of a formal complaint under the support section of the website.

keep it clean and to the point. if u include the chat either copy to .doc or paste in a way that makes it stand out from the rest of ur text.

it will down to the formal complaints handler as to what if any GOGW (gesture of goodwill) u get.

good luck
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93927 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@ the OP, 

I think you need to just put this down to experience and move on. 
Complaining to watchdog/trading standards is not going to help you on this one as it is you that is in the wrong. 

We all get caught out at least once in our life times to T&C's but you learn from it.

Spot on!

Message 13 of 13