cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refresh, first contract, confused with how to know when my next payment will come out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this is my first contract phone and I'm extremely confused. When on My O2 app I was looking at the 'your next bill will arrive in x days' this confused me and I thought this was when my payment was coming out but obviously is wasn't. My payment came out on the 31st Oct which was the day before my payday 😞 only had enough money in there to cover my airtime bill and not my phone plan, the airtime money was taken but the phone plan was declined, I payed my phone plan on the 5th November but my phone has since been cut off, I thought I would just have to wait for their system to update and then my phone would be back to normal again. I'm just confused as how to know when my next payment will be coming out, whether it's 4 weekly or monthly? If anyone can help with telling where I need to look and what to look for I will be very grateful as I now have £50 charges on my bank account so I'm out of pocket and have no phone 😞

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think you have it spot on Bill-T.

However the bill payment date will always be the same and if it falls before the OP's salary is due, it's best they ring 202 and ask them to change it to a more suitable date.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's charged monthly and they might be able to change the payment date for you.

The notice usually says the date the payment will be taken and it's two weeks later.

It sounds as if you stretched yourself with this deal and this is not a good start.

Every time you miss a payment O2 will place a mark on your credit record which could affect you in the future, so this must be paid on time.

As the phone is paid for on a credit agreement they could ask for the balance to be paid in one go.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's monthly then this is perfect for me as I am paid 4 weekly.

So I'm right in saying that the payment is taken two weeks after my bill date?

I don't believe I have stretched myself with this deal as I earn a lot more than what it costs me, I think the confusion is what has been the problem as the payment came out 2 weeks after I had ordered and recieved my phone which confused me as it said no where that this would happen.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you goo into My bills on the My O2 app it shows the date the bill was generated and the date the payment is due. The home page also shows how long until your next bill is generated. My bill are monthly - bill date 1st of the month, payment date 15th.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if your first bill and first payment was unexpected because of the reason below.  

I recently joined O2. On the day I joined, I got an email saying:

"Your first bill will be generated in the next few days and will include your first month's line rental. Line rental is charged in advance ... "

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think you have it spot on Bill-T.

However the bill payment date will always be the same and if it falls before the OP's salary is due, it's best they ring 202 and ask them to change it to a more suitable date.

Message 6 of 6