cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refresh and airtime agreement charges.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Last month I bought an iphone 5s on the refresh plan. Once I recieved the phone I called up and paid off the device plan. At the same time I asked for the airtime agreement to be cancelled. The bloke on the phone said it would be cancelled in a months time and at that point I could claim back any unused airtime charges.

I have had another bill sent to me today. Been on chat and I've had to ask for the airtime agreement to be cancelled as it hadn't been done. Was then put through to finance who just kept saying i'd served the cancellation period and a final bill will be generated soon. My point to him though was I shouldn't have ever been charged a bill as I requested for the airtime to be cancelled on day one, yet it wasn't carried out. I've now had 2 bills with a final bill due soon, can anyone suggest what I should do please?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
This does sound normal @Anonymous . Bills are no longer pro rata, so your billing date will start as soon as you take out the contract. You'd have to give a months notice before closing your account, so that would take you into a second billing period. The final bill will be if you continue to use the phone after your notice period, for most people it will be £0
Message 11 of 11