Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 not accepting 30days notice

Nickypom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I contact o2 and gave 30days notice. Requested final bill as there was approx £80 on handset to pay. I confirmed this writing. Requested pac codes. 30days later called confirmed I was leaving again. I’m now with Tesco.

Is that the end of my responsibility with O2?

Is it then o2’s responsibility to cut of SIM card and send final bill? or can they ignore my 30days notice and continue charging me? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You can give 30 days notice but the days you needed to do that are long gone

Once the handset is paid for its simply a question of using your PAC and the contract for the airtime is ended

A final bill will then be produced

Don't cancel the DD until the final bill is paid

If there is an outstanding amount ffor the device it will be added to the final bill

If you don't wish to keep your number then it's all explained in the link : Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Your contract with O2 is now finished after the final payment

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions

@Nickypom 

If you used your PAC and moved your number to Tesco, the O2 contract will end immediately at the point the number was transferred to Tesco.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Nickypom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh is the 30days notice not sufficient on its own?

What if someone doesn’t need a PAC code or doesn’t keep the same number? I didn’t my set up the Tesco immediately I wasn’t sure who I would move to or if I would keep number etc. I thought the 30days notice was adequate and a separate thing, surely it’s up to you if and when you get a new contract with new company and nothing to do with 30day notice? 

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23560 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@Nickypom Giving 30 days notice isn't necessary. Nor is getting a PAC. Read the guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You can give 30 days notice but the days you needed to do that are long gone

Once the handset is paid for its simply a question of using your PAC and the contract for the airtime is ended

A final bill will then be produced

Don't cancel the DD until the final bill is paid

If there is an outstanding amount ffor the device it will be added to the final bill

If you don't wish to keep your number then it's all explained in the link : Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Your contract with O2 is now finished after the final payment

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions

@Nickypom wrote:

Oh is the 30days notice not sufficient on its own?

What if someone doesn’t need a PAC code or doesn’t keep the same number? I didn’t my set up the Tesco immediately I wasn’t sure who I would move to or if I would keep number etc. I thought the 30days notice was adequate and a separate thing, surely it’s up to you if and when you get a new contract with new company and nothing to do with 30day notice? 

@Nickypom 

All explained in the links I gave you above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6