Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 no service abroad

DanielleMagee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There has been no service abroad on my pay monthly since last July. I’ve called and webchatted on numerous occasions and when o2 don’t know they disconnect me. Last July I blocked my phone in Italy as I thought I had lost it. I unblocked when I got back to UK and found it. Since then no service. Roaming is on, idata is on, have tried manually connecting. O2 said no block on account but obviously there is! I’m probably moving to contract after this as there’s no point in me having the account with o2
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DanielleMagee sounds like an international roaming block on your account.

Try customer services again and get them to specifically check that and mention to them that there are two levels of block to release.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

DanielleMagee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Im in the US at the moment and currently on my boyfriends wifi which is a pain. Contacted o2 and they couldn’t help me.
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@DanielleMagee 

The only thing I suggest is to do a manual network search . Try AT&T or any of the others and see whether any work.

If not, then you have to persevere with customer services. (Don't use live chat)

Edited to add, you may be better off using a local sim if your phone is unlocked. Either T Mobile or AT&T?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DanielleMagee sounds like an international roaming block on your account.

Try customer services again and get them to specifically check that and mention to them that there are two levels of block to release.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

DanielleMagee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! I called them from the US today and I mentioned the two level release and they said they would put through a request which will take 24 hours so I’m hoping that will be sorted tomorrow! That seems to be the first time anything has been actioned on their side slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Fingers crossed for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@DanielleMagee 

Let us know how you get on. Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7