cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keeps failing to get money from Barclaycard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For some months now O2 say they have been refused payment by my Barclaycard account.

They have then barred the phones 2 off, variously.

Today, Barclaycard told me that many other O2 customers who use Barclaycard to pay O2 have been experiencing the same problem and that Barclaycard have been in contact with O2 and established that O2 know that they have a system problem.  Problem is that O2 Customer Services appear unaware.

Please, has anyone else had this problem and what is your take on this?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Nothing we can do but sympathise!
Maybe @Marjo or @Martin-O2 can assist in some way?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think @Martin-O2 already sent @Anonymous a PM. Not sure what the outcome was though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 35

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Appears a nudge may be needed though?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:
Appears a nudge may be needed though?

Very likely.....a nudge will do no harm at all....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 35

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Thought not slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 15 of 35

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm so sorry that you find yourself in this situation with your dear wife. Having the added problems with your phones just compounds the stress and upset. Until  O2 sort this out with Barclaycard there is absolutely nothing that anyone on here can do or say to make things right or to help you with everything that you have going on in your life at the moment.

Offers of help from @Martin-O2 and @Marjo were I'm sure, made in all good faith but they have no say in getting the top people to change the system. They can feed things back to the necessary people who can then investigate and in most cases solve problems. This isn't an easy fix that someone can sort out until the payment team and Barclays find out what the problem is. Its possibly a blame game and then eventually someone will find the exact cause and fix it.

None of this helps you in the meantime and is obviously adding to your stress levels. My only answer from a personal point of view would be to set up a direct debit to prevent this being a problem. This has probably been talked about earlier but I really don't know what the answer is until someone at O2 makes this an urgent priority.

I just wish you good luck with this and hope it's resolved soon.

Message 16 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mentions guys! 

@Anonymous Unfortunately your reply never came through to me. Can you please send the requested info again, this time directly from the forum using the private message system. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:

Thanks for the mentions guys! 

@Anonymous Unfortunately your reply never came through to me. Can you please send the requested info again, this time directly from the forum using the private message system. 

@AnonymousYou will see in @Martin-O2's signature a line saying ......

"Want to have a chat? Drop me a private message."

If you click on that (In Martins signature) it will take you to the section to send him a private message  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 35

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Or just reply to the one Martin sent.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Whatever is easier for the op. They may not realise where to find PM's.

They are new to the forum (and stressed) after all

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 35