Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have ruined my credit score!

Magicman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone help with this as O2 don't seem to know what they are doing.

I took out a SIM only contract in January 2022 and then ported back out 12 days later (within the 14 days cooling off) as the signal and data speeds were dire.  I then received a bill for £105 the next month!  O2 confirmed that it was an error and credited back £105 to the account to clear it.  I then had a chase text message stating I hadn't paid it and O2 once more, when I phoned them, said that it would be sorted once the bill cycle went through.  Heard nothing more after that point.

Forward to 30th June 2022 and I applied for a mortgage after securing a buyer for our house and failed the agreement in principle due to O2 putting a default for £105 on my credit file!  I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to sort this with O2 and nobody seems to be able to help other than email credit file referrals.  I am about to lose our buyer and cannot view any properties as I have no idea when this will be sorted, so cannot offer on a property.  

This is through no fault of my own and O2 have put us in a state of limbo and nobody there seems to be able to help or deal with it.  On top of that I have been told different things by different departments since 30th June and I am no further forward.  

The old credit file referrals email address is no longer used apparently and only the Payment Management team at O2 can do anything about it.  I have registered a complaint with O2 but surprise surprise I have had no call or email from them.  I am at a loss as to how to sort this out.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35923 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

You have done the right thing, the process is slow...

Under the How to Complain section, near the bottom of the page at the link below, you'll find a bit about "Resolver" - a free service through which to raise a complaint about any registered company. Give it a go, I used it some years back, and actually got a couple of responses from O2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck, @Magicman.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35923 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

You have done the right thing, the process is slow...

Under the How to Complain section, near the bottom of the page at the link below, you'll find a bit about "Resolver" - a free service through which to raise a complaint about any registered company. Give it a go, I used it some years back, and actually got a couple of responses from O2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck, @Magicman.

Message 2 of 7

Magicman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn . It's annoying how slow the process is but even more annoying how nobody at O2 seems to know what they have to do. So many people saying so many different things which is what makes the process slow.

I have also submitted a complaint through Resolver too. Just trying everything to get O2 to take this seriously.

Message 3 of 7

Magicman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa is there anything you can do to help?  This is now ridiculous that nobody at O2 seems to say the same thing and I have been passed from pillar to post and I haven't caused this issue in the first place, O2 did.  Really need some help if you are able to please.

Message 4 of 7

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Magicman, I'll do my best to help.

I'll message you privately so we can discuss this further.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Some
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m in a very similar situation to you, O2 are terrible and the customer service is useless, I feel for you mate as it’s driving me mad. I keep getting passed from person to person and not getting any closer to getting it resolved. I’ve spent hours and hours on the phone trying to sort things.  I’m waiting for the 8 weeks to be up from my initial complaint to escalate the issue elsewhere. I just want it resolved but no one seems to care. It’s their fault and still don’t do anything to help. They need to appoint one person to resolve issues but don’t.   

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5620 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Some 

If you search this forum, you will find a couple of e-mail addresses for O2's complaints team. I would suggest that you keep chasing them up ! 

Message 7 of 7