Did you mean: 

O2 have destroyed by credit score rating - very bad situation

MartinMcC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi fellow O2 customers,

My house has been sold and I have today been refused a mortgage on my next property on the basis that I have ‘defaulted’ on an O2 phone contract/credit agreement in 2015. This is an O2 error. I have full O2 chat transcripts showing that I cancelled the contract and payed all airtime and device costs due. I was given confirmation from O2 the account was settled and closed. I made every effort in 2015 to ensure this would not be a problem.

It was an O2 refresh contract. I cancelled the airtime contract and then paid off the remaining device balance for the remainder of the 24 month contract.

The Experian credit report states that I owe O2 £555 from 2016. 

I’m a current and long term O2 customer at the same address as the alleged default occurred. I have never been advised that this default/debt was still outstanding even when taking out new contracts with O2.  

I attempted to call O2 customer service several times and was passed from pillar to post without any success. I have since logged my complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service and will be seeking legal advice tomorrow. 

I will be communicating this on Twitter etc with full details of the conversations and problems encountered in dealing with O2. It's clear this is not my fault and made every effort to avoid this becoming a problem.

It needs to be made known that O2 is damaging peoples credit scores so recklessly. It's an acceptable way to handle your customers. This is now a very stressful situation as I have a young family and currently we’re unable to apply for a mortgage until this is resolved. 

Who do I contact to get this resolved? @Martin-O2   

Thanks,

Martin

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MartinMcC
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous can you check the status of the complaint please. No feedback or update from the complaints team for nearly a week now. There is no telephone number to speak to anyone. Nobody replies to the emails. It's incredibly unfair and stressful to have to keep waiting for O2. Our mortgage is still not submitted as a result. I thought O2 would made every effort possible to rectify their own mistakes under such circumstances but it seems they don't appreciate the urgency and consequences.

More info
More info

Message 11 of 12

MartinMcC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 still haven’t updated my credit file. They seem completely unconcerned about the financial and emotional consequences of their mistakes. Why are customers treated like this? I suspect there are many O2 customers oblivious to the same problem on their own credit file. Be aware!
Message 12 of 12