Did you mean: 

O2 Travel confusion

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about o2 Travel - the website seems about as clear as mud and talks mostly about the £1.99 for 15MB of data a day and mentions the call charges as an afterthought.

If I enmable o2 travel and I don't use any data, can I still recieve a call for upto 60 minutes for the 50p connection charge and not be billed the £1.99 for the data?  

I'm also assuming that the £1.99 only gets charged as soon as you enable data, roooight?

Does the 50p connection charge kick in if a call is sent to voicemail, and is it for every call (even for ones sub-1 minute long?)

Just trying to work out how to keep costs down when I'm away next week - I'll be in mainland Europe and will only possibly receive an SMS, send 2-3 SMS and maybe receive one long (30-60 minute) phone call whilst there, may not be in a position to use Tu Go, and as long as I'm not charged for data paying the 50p connection charge is going to be much cheaper than paying 6p/min to recieve a call, I hope!  

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Yes, the £1.99 is just for the data. The call charges apply regardless of data usage.
The connection charge is for 1 second or 59 mins so make the most of your calls and also applies to voicemail so turn it off before you leave the UK.
Tugo will be a bigger saving for you as long as you use it on wifi, as all your calls will come out of your UK allowance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Yes, the £1.99 is just for the data. The call charges apply regardless of data usage.
The connection charge is for 1 second or 59 mins so make the most of your calls and also applies to voicemail so turn it off before you leave the UK.
Tugo will be a bigger saving for you as long as you use it on wifi, as all your calls will come out of your UK allowance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  The 50p/call charge is an absolute killer.  I literally don't know if I'll have wifi where I'm staying and thinking more it's likely that a colleague may call for 10-30 seconds to query where I am during our travels if we're seperated.

I think I'm better disabling it and working out whether to call my wife myself once I've resolved the wifi situation out there.  

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yes, it really is good value if you make longer calls.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Regarding o2 travel I know there is a 50p connection charge and you can talk for up to 60 mins.

Can anyone confirm is the charge the same for mobile to mobile or mobile to landline, is there a difference in rate?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No difference as long as they are UK numbers you are calling.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You !

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Enjoy your trip slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8