Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel charges when Roaming is off

prototype89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 70 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've seen a few threads with a similar theme but wanted to add my experiences as well.
My roaming is off on my android phone and it has always been this way but I was hit with three O2 Travel charges when I checked my bill after coming back from vacation.

I was also charged for answering a call which I was sure I hadn't. O2 gave me the time and date of the call and my call records showed that specific call and it showed it was unanswered.

O2 have told me that roaming data charges and O2 Travel charges can still be triggered even when roaming is set to off, now whether that's true or not, this has clearly happened in this instance.

It's pretty frustrating as O2 haven't provided any explanation beyond the above but ultimately if the roaming off feature doesn't prevent data charges, that's a pretty frightening prospect.

Has anyone been able to work out why this may be happening?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Data roaming being on or off won't stop the app doing what it is "meant" to do.

There is a setting about not allowing apps to update/connect in the background, but that means going into each app individually to set it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 11