Did you mean: 

O2 Switch Up

cacaaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All. 

I’m looking to take advantage of the O2 Switch Up I have on my account and am aware I need to go to store to do this. My question is will they ask for ID as I’m still waiting on my Driving License coming back to me after renewal. I’ve been waiting ages. Many thanks 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146981 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@cacaaa 

Yes there is a good chance they will want to see ID and proof of address from a utility bill etc.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 146981 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@cacaaa 

Yes there is a good chance they will want to see ID and proof of address from a utility bill etc.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 99 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I went into Manchester store armed with 2 forms of ID and a utility bill which I had ready. The guy there took me through enhanced security, security questions etc and I think I used my debit card to verify my address but I didn't have to show any of the above.

If you have a store close by it might be worth going in and seeing if they require anything.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 3 of 6

Rbarkley1982
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I went to store for a switchup and they text a code to my phone and asked my security password and then text a final cost for contract acceptance... No ID requested any time.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 146981 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Rbarkley1982 wrote:

I went to store for a switchup and they text a code to my phone and asked my security password and then text a final cost for contract acceptance... No ID requested any time.

My local store always did it this way, however, it appears to vary and some stores will not budge without at least 2 forms of ID. So, to save a wasted journey, it's always wise to take ID with you, just in case.

Message 5 of 6

Eso
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did they credit check you everytime you switch phones?

Message 6 of 6