Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 Debt Collection - Dispelling The Myths

Well collections isn't my department but what I know is that the debt can be sold again if the company that initially bought it couldn't collect it but as it was mentioned it can be returned back to o2.

Nice job @Anonymous .Spot on!

Highlighted
Topics: 82

So the debt IS sold on?

Highlighted
Anonymous

For clarity o2 do not sell the debt on. They pass the cases to the debt collection agency who will try to recover on o2's behalf but the debt remains with o2.

If debt is sold be a creditor to a debt collection company then the methods of collection can be much harsher. Not many companies in the consumer market sell debt as there is then no control re collection methods but the creditor company takes the backlash if the press get involved etc.

So no o2 don't sell the debt on.
Highlighted
Topics: 82

Thankyou for the clarification @Anonymous

Highlighted
Anonymous

A very helpful thread  @Anonymous 

If you guys have any doubts or other questions about this I can try to get that information. Let me know Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

This is incorrect information you have supplied , o2 did sell my apparant " debt" to a company called Lowell - Lowell informed me the debt was indeed bought from o2 and o2 head of complaints dept advised they have nothing more to do with the account . Lowell advised they " purchased the debt with a default"

I just spoke to them this week

Certainly not Myth

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I've heard of Lowell and most not good 😞

I think this needs further clarification ?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Like I've mentioned before, O2 do sell the debt to collection agencies, don't know what else to say either than that. And the company mentioned, although not one of the most used, is used by O2.

Highlighted
Anonymous

For clarification the debt is not sold to Lowell. Lowell are a debt collection company. Your details and debt information are passed to them to collect the debt. Lowell will then pay collected monies less their commission to o2.

The fact there is a default on there in terms of who is chasing the debt is broadly irrelevant.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thing is @Anonymous I'm getting confused with this as rosadosc who is O2 staff has confirmed in two separate posts that the debt is 'sold' on.