Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

Re: O2 Debt Collection - Dispelling The Myths

@Anonymous wrote:
For clarification the debt is not sold to Lowell. Lowell are a debt collection company. Your details and debt information are passed to them to collect the debt. Lowell will then pay collected monies less their commission to o2.

The fact there is a default on there in terms of who is chasing the debt is broadly irrelevant.

This is what I've always understood. O2 are no different from any other company chasing debts. Sell it on. ..

Highlighted
Anonymous

There isa very clear difference between selling the debt and passing it over to a debt collection agency Bob. Perhaps @Anonymous can confirm with o2 debt recovery as previously she has also said she didn't know the exact process
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have  check it  already,when I did the initial post . I mentioned it wasn't my area of expertise ,not that I didn't know the process. After I spoke to them and being explained in full detail ( I swear I didn't ask for it, but he was just so excited) , I then posted what I think is relevant to customers. The criteria used by the company is an internal policy  that wouldn't add  anything to the customers knowledge or change the outcome or the way the debt is recovered. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I left O2 in December 2014, after a 6 month battle over extra charges to my phone bill(which I won and then was given permission to leave contract early without payment).
6 months on and as of this week I'm now getting multiple daily calls and texts from a debt collection company (never heard of them before).
Apparently O2 are still claiming that I owe them money when it was all cleared up. I have spoken to customer services and been told that my account was left "open" and as such they are pursuing me for yet another charge. Though the customer service person I spoke to informed me that none of my previous 6+ official complaints had been followed up and it appeared as though I had settled any disputes before I left last year.
Can someone please explain how O2 are able to get away with this gigantic **bleep** up and how I should go about dealing with this quite persistent debt collection company who have bought the debt from O2, especially as there shouldn't be any debt in the first place!
Highlighted
Topics: 738

Hi @Anonymous

As you say a real mess by O2...Iwould put in an official complaint

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

When o2 cockup it's usually big time and it's the customer left chasing things. Trying to get them to put things right is fraught with stress and worry. They used to have a high level complaints team, they need to reintroduce it!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I've raised sooooo many official complaints. Half never appear to even be typed up by the schmuck you speak to on the phone. The other half get left in the managements inbox/junkbox by the looks of things.
I'm still waiting on someone to return my call from the beginning of this week. Until then I've informed the debt collectors that it is a massive Fock up on O2's part and to stop chasing me, doubt they'll listen 😡
Highlighted
Topics: 738

@Anonymous wrote:
I've raised sooooo many official complaints. Half never appear to even be typed up by the schmuck you speak to on the phone. The other half get left in the managements inbox/junkbox by the looks of things.
I'm still waiting on someone to return my call from the beginning of this week. Until then I've informed the debt collectors that it is a massive Fock up on O2's part and to stop chasing me, doubt they'll listen 😡

I am going to tag @Toby into this message. he is the Community Co-ordinator and may be able to help. Not on till Monday but he will respond to you..

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

Highlighted
Anonymous

Ty guys. Let's hope they sort stuff out soon