cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service - Disgraceful

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just experienced the most disgraceful customer service. I believe my account has been hacked and I am recieving letters to my home address from 02 stating I have to pay money or else!  I contacted the customer service who expect me to chase around the 02 organisation when the fraud department is open again. 02 take ownership of the problem!  This is breach of trust and breach of contract.  I understood the agent had his hands tied - but no excuse from the supervisor, who was less than helpful, rude and patronising. I guess it's up to me to sort the fraud activiry - with the help from Watchdog.  Disgraceful!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Agreed. It's very slack and you're not the first http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/My-O2-account-was-hacked/td-p/209072
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi ReynoG,

Feel free to send me a private message about this and we can discuss getting you sorted.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Another poor person:(

Toby I know its not you personally but instead of dealing on a case by case nature could you not push this blatant lax security up the chain? (More to whomevers problem it actually is)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@reynog please report this fraud here http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iam shocked at just how poor the customer service is. As a manager who works in retail and has many years in customer service i understand the importance of looking after your customers. I recently ordered the new samsung phone from 02 having been with them for awhile and had 6 months left on my contract but wanted the new phone so i spoke to the sales team. One question i had was, as iam staying with 02 will my new phone and contract take over from the old contract?....i was told yes, no problem your old contract will cease when you have the new phone and then your new contract will start. Great i thought, no last night i checked my account and surprise surprise i now have 2 counts paying for my new phone and also my old phone which i have recycled......both i and 02 can see this on my account and the phone has had no usage. Right i thought, ill ring up the friendly 02 customer service team itll be no problem i thought to end the old phone as iam staying with 02 and the old phone has gone to Orange weeks ago. After the first unhelpfull person i spoke to a supervisor called Marshall who told me that there was no record of me ringing the sales team so they couldnt help me.....so your saying iam lieing i said to him.....he didnt answer. So iam now expected to pay for 2 phones, one new one and one recycled one......sorry cant help you, you need to pay the cancellation fee of £130!.........but i wasnt told about this before.......sorry theres no record of that conversation........so iam lieing then i said to marshall........sorry we cant help you...........cant or wont as my wife said to me. Well thanks to the terrible customer service once my contract is finished iam another loyal customer who WILL be taking his business elsewhere. 02 havent got a clue when it comes to customer service!
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It sounds to me as if you have bought a new contract instead of applying for an upgrade, which would have been refused with 6 months still to run.

This is why they have the new O2 Refresh contracts which allow you to do this.

All you can do if you were incorrectly advised is make a formal complaint:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Close the chat box so you can read the page through.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7