cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number starting 07106 calling me, but doesn't exist?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can advise without calling customer services, but I keep receiving calls on my EE mobile from a number starting with 07106 1xx xxx... there's never anyone there when I answer it and when I ring it back it says the number I have called is not recognised. Anyway as it looks like a UK mobile number a quick Google search and the results come up to say 07106 is allocated to O2 for mobile services. 

Could it be that EE don't recognise this number because it's relatively new or has this number range not actually been issued yet and therefore it's just a spam caller? The full number isn't listed online as a dodgy caller.

Might be one for CS but thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@AnonymousA community help guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-steps-to/m-p/386364#M37293

They are quite common. You can block one then it will come again by changing 1 digit in the number

Although this link says they are allocated to O2 http://www.area-codes.org.uk/mobile/07106-numbers.php

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don’t take my word for it as best to confirm with CS but from my personal experience numbers that say they’re not recognised when you call back are spoofed and therefore scams
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144350 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Computer diallers that can spoof any number programmed into them.
They don’t have to be real numbers, they just look real so you answer and they try and get you to claim for an accident or poi that you never had.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@AnonymousA community help guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-steps-to/m-p/386364#M37293

They are quite common. You can block one then it will come again by changing 1 digit in the number

Although this link says they are allocated to O2 http://www.area-codes.org.uk/mobile/07106-numbers.php

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144350 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I looked at my blocked number list after I posted pretty much what you’ve just said previously and I’ve got 50+ numbers on it all incremental by one digit each time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

My advice for what it's worth is to just block the number.

@Marjo can you check this number?

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I've added the number to my blocked list. I don't often get these scam calls luckily enough, so I've only 1 other number blocked at the moment. 

Just to add it was the same number 4 times today, 2 times yesterday and 3 times on Friday 5th. I'll have to watch out for a variance of the number ringing through again.

Many thanks

Message 7 of 7