Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Number change

I gave a worker via chat ( over a week ago ) my PAC code to have my number changed, after using the form online and nothing happening. I received a text of my port date for it to be changed and on the day (12th) my number did change and I reset my phone. However, my phone only receives texts to the number I want and iMessage still goes to my new o2 number I was given and when I ring up o2 to sort this I get buttoned because it isn’t fraud. My PAC code runs out on the 22nd May. This is urgent as I don’t want to be stuck with two numbers and my old contract has already ended and nothing has happened. Is there not a colleague or email address I can have contact with?
Highlighted
Level 67: Unsung hero

Re: Number change

@_Hannah You will have to persevere with trying to contact customer service using the numbers in the link below. There is no email address. Use the fraud or lost/stolen option if you have to. O2's response to customers having difficulties during this time has been poor to say the least. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support We have been given to understand that 0800 587 4005 is your best chance to get through. Try calling at 8 am if you can.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Level 29: Intuitive

Hi @_Hannah
How frustrating it's even worse at this time.
Try to persevere many community members have had the most difficult time and in many cases perseverance has got them through.
Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum...TallTrees

Highlighted
Topics: 547
Solutions: 12,806

@_Hannah 

Go to Settings >Phone >My number and make sure it shows your correct number.

Edit and save it if not and reboot your phone. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thank you so much, I think this has worked! Can’t believe o2 didn’t tell me to do that when enquiring over chat😂
Highlighted
Topics: 547
Solutions: 12,806

It's all about the training Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 29: Intuitive

@MI5 wrote:
It's all about the training Smiley Wink

How true and lack of training can ruin lives too in many ways