Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting issue

AMDB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received my sim Last friday, and when I inserted it I received a text message saying they could not tranfer my old number today and it will be done Monday. Over the weekend my temporary number didn't work nor would my old number on my previous EE sim (not would my data). Monday arrives and still no transfer, I messaged around 10:00 and was told it is currently in progress and gurenteed that it would be done by 18:00. At 19:00 still no transfer so I contacted CS again and was told the process was started at 18:00 and would take 24 hours. Well at 19:30 on Tuesday still no working sim card, so I contacted CS yet again and was informed this time that they have actually been suffering a system issue, (from when he would not say) and that it should be done in another 24h. I was offered £5 compensation (which is essentially the week off that I've not been able to use my sim) but I have been left now 5 days with no number and no internet data.  I am sceptical that they will actually complete this process and am looking to buy another sim from another provider however my concern is that if they don't complete the number transfer can I get a PAC code from o2 to port to this new sim, or will I now lose my old number?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @AMDB 

If the system has been having problems then that's the reason. It's already processing so trying to move now to another provider may be problematic.

Make a nuisance of yourself by contacting O2 again.

All numbers including Skype are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

AMDB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff,

I understand that having system issues is the problem, It would have been nice however to have been informed of this on Monday morning as opposed to Tuesday evening. My concern was that this would be problematic which is why I posted the question. 

The solution here seems to be cut my loses and run as making myself a nuisance involves me wasting a hour of my day being given stock repsonses.  EE wasn't the best provider but when something did go wrong, I at least wasn't given the run around. 

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @AMDB 

Of course you have to do what's best for you.

I do know that porting and swaps have been taking a lot longer with O2 during the current crisis.

I'm not defending them at all. It's frustrating for anyone having these issues.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Keithtaylor
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I to am waiting for my EE number which I've had from my very first phone, its been 4 business days now and I sent the pak code during the signing up process, I've tried to contact O2 but with current situation they won't speak.
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Keithtaylor 

Nothing happens over the weekend anyway. Having said that, I notice you said 4 business days so tomorrow contact O2. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support  and 0800 587 4005 is the best one to call. They open at 8am tomorrow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6