Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Not ported and now have lost all services

wolfman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having decided to move from o2 from Vodaphone as part of the Virgin O2 Volts TV/Broadband Mobile phone package – possibly a very big mistake

Thurs 29th June - Removed Vodaphone Sim and Installed O2 Sim in phone – all services working perfectly – Contacted O2 with PAC code and requested old number to be ported to new sim – was advised it could take up 24 hours to complete and to restart phone at 18.00hrs on Fri 30th and all should be ok.  Checked phone on Fri 30th after 18.00 hrs but the number had not been ported

Sat 1st July – Contacted O2 to inform them that the number had not been ported – I was told that they were looking into it

Monday  3rd July Contacted O2 to inform them that the number had not been ported – I was told the 24hour porting process does not include weekends and it should be completed by 18.00 hours

Tues 4th July – The number was ported however I now did not have any services – was told that it could take 24 hours for the services to be switched on

Thurs 6th – Contacted O2 to complain that I did not have any services – they contacted me back and informed me that they were sending me a new sim again – I was also informed that a credit had been placed on my account due to problems I had experienced

Fri 7th – Installed new sim and Voice calls and Text working but no mobile data

Sat 8th AM - Contacted O2 to complain that I did not have any mobile data – they talked me through a network reset which made no difference and also suggested that I tried the sin a different device

Sat 8th PM – Tested the sim in a different device with the same result no mobile data. Contacted O2 again with update and they filled out a form? And said it should be sorted in the next 48hrs

Monday 10th - Contacted O2 to complain that not only did I not have any mobile data but I had now lost all services again!

Tues 11th July – Called O2 and complained and I was informed that they could not take any further action until the CRT team? had finished their investigations into what had gone wrong – this takes 3 working days starting Monday 10th I asked if I could talk to a supervisor however was informed that that option did not exist?

Tuesday 11th July – Gone out and purchased a EE pay as you go sim – phone working perfectly with all services working

I am sure there re some other calls to O2 that I have not logged however they are the ones that I remember and logged

As with most people I rely heavily on my phone (it’s the only device I have) to contact family and work colleges etc (I am a operations manager at a small business) – without it I am totally lost

Not sure what to do now?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You came to the right place, @wolfman - I'll tag @O2Emma to see if she can get you sorted, she is the Community Forum Advisor on until 9 this eve. Watch out for a Private Message here from her as she will need some info to find out what is really going on. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You came to the right place, @wolfman - I'll tag @O2Emma to see if she can get you sorted, she is the Community Forum Advisor on until 9 this eve. Watch out for a Private Message here from her as she will need some info to find out what is really going on. Good luck!

Message 2 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @wolfman I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 3 of 8

wolfman
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to @O2Emma this is sorted now - full service resumed - Its just a shame that the rest of the O2 customer care team do not match @O2Emma

Message 4 of 8

Anthoyn87
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to jump on. I am having the same issue and keep getting passed about. Issues started on 7/7/23 and still not rectified. 

No service on transfer, new sim on 10/7, calls and texts resumed but no data. On going customer service calls and escalations but nothing happening. Today 3/8 all service has now gone 

Message 5 of 8

Mr-Trickor2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma

So sorry to jump on, but I have exactly the same problem as Wolfman. I would never normally bother you, so apologies, but I am desperate. I am going overseas next week for a brief time and need my number as all my UK and overseas contacts have my 3 number.

I requested my number be ported from 3 to O2 (part of VOLT) on Sunday 10th September. Customer Service said it should be sorted within 24 to 48 hours, but that if it hadn't worked I should call back after 18:00 on Tuesday 12th. 

By the 12th, at 18:00, nothing had happened, so I called them. I spent the next 2 hours on the phone, speaking to 4 different people (including one from Virgin Media about VOLT!) and was told they were looking into it. Just after my call ended, about 20:30,  my precious 3 number stopped working so I assumed everything was in process. By the next morning (Wednesday13th) I checked again, my 3 number was still not working, but my temporary O2 number was the same. I have been calling O2 everyday since, spending between 30 and 50 minutes each time, each time being promised that they were looking into it.  It is now Wednesday 20th and I am still in the same position. Today's phone call was another 45 minutes and they have given me the CIT-A number which they say is my case investigation number. 

Is there anything you can do? Is there anything more I can do?

Message 6 of 8

pgn
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Sorry to say, @Mr-Trickor2 - the O2 Advisors, including Emma, were disbanded as far as the Forum is concerned back in mid-July.

You will have to persist with O2, although rather than calling, you can get at them via Social Media - the ways are covered in the link just below this post.

Volt will follow if your address details on Virgin Media side match the address on the O2 side: Volt Megaguide 

You may need to get your contacts and yourself to use WhatsApp, it will atleast work while you are on a WiFi access point during your travels.

Hardly what you want to hear, I know, but... we are just customers here, and your case has been being passed around the houses in O2 (and VM!). Good luck!

Message 7 of 8

Mr-Trickor2
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! Even though the news about Emma and her team was very disappointing, to say the least.

Thanks for your good luck wishes. 

Message 8 of 8