Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed : "Your O2 RPI terms are changing"

DanielCoffey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a customer for almost ten thirteen years and as such am (or rather, WAS) on an RPI-only annual price increase. I have just been told by O2 that in a little under two month's time I will be forced to move to RPI+3.9%. Of course I am allowed to quit "without penalty" but I have no right of appeal this forced price rise and unilateral change of the terms of my contract.

I was under the impression that some providers were moving away from RPI + 3.9% so I was wondering if there is a reason for this change by O2?

EDIT : corrected the number of years I had been a customer

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Just to add...

If you upgraded/took a new deal through a 3rd party then you would only have 1 DD to cover both, and the price increase then would be on the total price.

It's an annoying way o2 try and get people to sign up directly with them but unfortunately as you are told the terms and conditions before you sign there is not much we can do about it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 23

Jilly5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in a similar situation and am deeply unhappy.  It's bad enough they apply RPI and not CPI, but +3.9% just smacks of jumping on the bandwagon with all the other main mobile providers.  It's ridiculous and high time the regulators did something about it - though not sure than Ofcom's proposals will address this sort of practice - it seems more aimed just at  forcing them to be more transparent about their egregious practices.

Message 22 of 23

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Jilly5 I think you will find you will pay more under any new system.

My rise this year would have been 78p, under EE's proposals it would be at leat £1.50

Ofcom is not the friend of the consumer, and has only acted in this case to shut up some powerful critics of the present system

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 23 of 23