cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
So I ordered a Samsung Tab A 2016 10.1 on Monday 30th on a pay monthly plan.

It said in stock and all went through with delivery picked for Tuesday. Had all the confirmation and documents.

Then a short time later I got text and email saying out of stock.

I made a complaint and the complaimts review department are giving me £20 credit on my phone account.

While that is appreciated O2 are still giving me no indication on when it will be in stock and the website shows as in stock still.

I understand the website isn't up to date and stock can change but three days later is still showing as in stock.

Have spoken to webchat but they say no date is listed for return to stock.

Am pretty fed up and feel like cancelling the order. How long do I wait?

Anyone got an suggestions as what to do?

D
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
My tablet is now coming on Tuesday. Had the confirmation email and text and tracking details. And the new device/number has appeared in My O2.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
O2's online system is hopeless as you have found out.
We always advise going in store to purchase items as this kind of thing happens all the time.
How long you wait is up to you but I doubt anyone at O2 could tell you when they will get more online stock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122794 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Another reason O2 should invest in a live ordering system. Immoral that they take your money and can't produce the goods.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem really poor in 2016. Lack of information shocking. All they will say is they will email when it is in stock. Feels like a bait and switch tactic.
Pretty close to cancelling the order now.
Message 4 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
I know this wont help you feel any better, but Samsung have none at all in stock either, and as a corporate customer we are being quoted a very long lead time for them.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think I am going to cancel the order based on that info. I take it I am in my rights to do that?
Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Yes, of course.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
Yes you should be able to cancel the order if they have no stock.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You can cancel it regardless of stock level, however, if it was already in transit to you they would ask that you complete the order by taking delivery and then returning it - it saves messing up the system and is less painless that way.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I just contacted O2 by webchat. Said I wanted to cancel my order.
Was told that he has contacted the "concern team" and I will have the order by Monday and will get email confirmation.
Am very dubious of this. Is there such a thing as a "concern team" and can he actually promise Monday? I think it is just a tactic to keep the order. Am I right?
Message 10 of 21