Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in my house

CammyAngus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 signal was fine up to about a year ago now I cannot get a signal inside my house !! According to the coverage map on O2 I should get full signal.
The O2 mast is about 1.5 miles from me so you would think I would get an excellent signal
The tugo app works fine for messages but when I try to answer the call it either disconnects straight away or it sounds like max headroom ( for the older forum users ).
O2 are currently working on the mast as I have just received a text telling me that I might not be able to get a signal not at I get one anyway .
What are the chances that after they complete the work I get a signal indoors LoL. Not likely

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn off 4G if you have it turned on.....will make a big difference

Message 2 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Hey my glass is half full...fingers crossed for you but live chat will be absolutely useless anyway for a network problem. Save yourself the stress...

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144742 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
No one, not even cs will know about maintenance work.
All you can do is register on the service pages for updates and keep checking your postcode. You can also use the disagree button to report any issues http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

CammyAngus
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We don't get 4G in my area NE Scotland
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

As said, if you have 4G enabled, turn it off. It could be a long time coming in that area....

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
At an old address i lived in my signal was almast non existent. I lived in a vally within a vally & discovered they erected electricity pylons near my home. This was cause of my terrible signal.
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144742 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Radio waves travel in straight lines so you were stuffed even before the pylons went up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123171 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Radio waves travel in straight lines so you were stuffed even before the pylons went up.

And then they went up...and stuffed even more I think....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144742 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Bottom of a valley is pretty stuffed either way wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14