cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in Ryde area for a week

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone would happen to have any information about the lack of service in parts of Ryde on the IoW, it seems a mast has gone down but we were told it would be repaired by the 20th of this month but as of now it still hasn't been. It has been down since the 16th of this month although it only shows up on the Status site if you input the postcode.

Also would anyone know of the possibility of getting a little compensation for the lack of service on payg, I am pretty positive a pay monthly customer would get a little credit back and could leave the contract after a week of no service but there doesn't seem to be anything about payg customers anywhere.

Obviously I know this is just a customer forum but if anyone had any experience of this would be helpful.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Unfortunately the network team won't give timescales for mast repairs and as far as I know don't even update customer service.

As far as compensation is concerned, O2 don't guarantee continuity of service and do not offer recompense for a mast going down. When service is restored you may get some credit applied to your account as a goodwill gesture but you would have to contact customer service.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Unfortunately the network team won't give timescales for mast repairs and as far as I know don't even update customer service.

As far as compensation is concerned, O2 don't guarantee continuity of service and do not offer recompense for a mast going down. When service is restored you may get some credit applied to your account as a goodwill gesture but you would have to contact customer service.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As jonsie says when your services have been restored then contact Customer Services with any timescale that your service was down to ask for a goodwill gesture or fill out the online complaint form http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Let us know how you get on.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

a week now with no connection to network. this sucks. these phone peeps getting away with whatever they want. One would assume (makes an ass of you and me) we on the island are just not worth their effort

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, guess we will just have to wait, luckily it isn't me affected but my gf who I had just convinced to move from orange and what they consider to be customer service, she is now on the verge of going back to them! Smiley Mad

I can understand not guaranteeing continuity of service as there are always things you can't account for but a mast going down for a week and not even giving a timescale for repair would surely fall under not providing a service at all!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Many factors can have an effect on repair times, mast location, nature of fault etc, so this is the reason why timescales are not given as the time could change as the repair progresses and possible more issues come to light.
However, be assured that no network will leave a mast out of commission any longer than is absolutely necessary wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6