cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'No data service - Temporarily not offered by the mobile network' message on Samsung S8

RickD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was in the USA on the 6th Dec 2018 during the data outage (I was happily roaming on a US network unaware of the issues back in the UK). Since landing at Heathrow on Friday 7th my Samsung S8 has been continually 'pinging' the following message: "No Data Service - temporarily not offered by the mobile network".

I have run through all the possible fixes with O2 Tech team on the 8th and the only option (after exhausting all the other items on their checklist) as far as they are concerned is for me to Factory Reset my phone (only a few weeks old!). Before I resort to this time consuming process that doesn't even offer any guaranteed fix I put this problem to the O2 Community in the hope someone else has found a fix.

I am pretty certain this is related to the data outage on the 6th as I have previously used my phone abroad and returned to the UK without any issues so the coincidence can not be ignored in my view. I understand that this may be an Android operating system issue but neither Samsung nor O2 seem to be able to offer up any solutions other than the nuclear one of a factory reset. Anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Sally
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Rick. Going to try that and see how I get on. Hope we get this sorted before Christmas. So have a nice one. Will keep you informed also.
Message 21 of 23

RickD
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Sally. I received a txt from O2 on Sunday 23rd Dec to say they'd fixed the problem [no idea what it was, what they did or where it was originating from] and it does all seem to be resolved and back to normal. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Hope your signal is sorted too.
Message 22 of 23

Sally
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Rick. Sorry late reply. Yes I also got a text saying fault sorted on the 27th . Thanks for your help if it was not for you i would not have contacted the o2 tech guys. 

It was well worth going on this site. Thank you.

Message 23 of 23