cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next to no network

Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been next to NO network in my area for almost a month now and all I get is a text once a week telling me engineers are trying to fix it as soon as possible.

This means that I have been unable to make or receive calls whilst at home. This may sound not too much of an issue but private conversations should stay that way, and I for one do not want to be having those kinds of chats in public for all to hear.

I think I am entitled to either some compensation or a waivering of my phone bill for the time I've been unable to use it, aren't I?

I've tweeted, but been told that no compensation is usually offered.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

What can I do now? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't beat the Tu Go app - I use it on my galaxy tab s when at home in preference to my phone lol!!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You can use Tugo over wifi if you are on contract, but as far as compensation is concerned you are better of waiting until the problem is fixed and then calling CS on 202 and asking for some compensation to cover the total time the network was restricted in your area.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-gohttp://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

For one thing forget tweeting! Speak to customer service, normally they offer goodwill gestures once the service is restored.

If you are on contract try TuGo which works off your home wifi.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't beat the Tu Go app - I use it on my galaxy tab s when at home in preference to my phone lol!!

Message 4 of 4