Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York Nightmare

mesteban
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am a new O2 Pay & Go user.  I topped up online once and set up automatic topup.  I arrived in New York on Friday and noticed that my balance was very low, so I tried to manually top up, but I had a "card payment failed" message, both online and using 4444.  The card is working fine, I have been using it all weekend for transactions.  I did a web chat with customer service on Friday, who told me they would fix the problem within 24 to 48 hours.  Now, 48 hours later, it is still not functioning.  I made two phone calls to customer service, the first which put me through to the automated top up service (which of course did not work), with the customer service agent claiming to stay online with me but then disappeared, and then the second with an agent who told me that in fact there was nothing that could be done.  I will not be able to use my phone until I return to London.  Am I missing something here or is this simply not OK?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would speak to o2 by phone if you can.

From abroad+44 7860 980 202 International rates

Live chat will be a bit confused with this.

Can you not top up via an ATM machine.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would speak to o2 by phone if you can.

From abroad+44 7860 980 202 International rates

Live chat will be a bit confused with this.

Can you not top up via an ATM machine.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not ideal but is there anyone back here that can get you a top up voucher and get it to you to top up from.

Then keep trying with customer service about it.

Live chat will be next to useless.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 6

mesteban
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  I am back in the UK on Wednesday, so I will just have to survive until then.  The customer service agent actually suggested this voucher solution to me today.  Once again, perhaps I am being difficult, but to subject clients to such complicated solutions when someone should be able to force through a payment is perplexing, to say the least.

Message 4 of 6

mesteban
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  No, I do not believe you can top up via an ATM overseas.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Daft question, but worth asking - It is a debit card registered to a UK address isnt it? And also not a prepaid card?
Message 6 of 6