cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Web Site Broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see there's a new look to the O2 website.

It's even more broken than it was before.

I have both my own and my wife's phone accounts with O2.  Both are known to my online account - I click on Link my O2 accounts, it lists both of them.   I click to View hers and the link is broken.

GREAT UPGRADE O2!  It's worse than it was before!

And then another thing, I go into recent charges and I see that she's allowed 500 texts, she's used none of them and has been charged £1.67 for the non-existant texts.

Again another great achievement in inaccurate accounting and new even-more-broken-than-before web site.

Come on O2.  DO SOME Q&A TESTING BEFORE LAUNCHING A NEW WEBSITE!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Hopefully they will now concentrate on getting all the broken links removed or updated but at least they have made a start. The accounts links work ok for me though.

Have you tried deleting the browser cache and cookies or tried a different browser?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The account link works if you select a new master, just not if you merely view without changing which one is master.

I know everybody always says "clear down the cache" as a mantra for every failed website problem, but the reality is that with good programming practice it should NEVER be a problem.  It is simplicity itself as a web programmer to set an expiry date on the cached data or to verify what it's telling you before using it.

I've been running websites for over 20 years and I know there is no excuse for failed links like this - it's just down to poor programming.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but O2 have updated there website this last week so to a point that will not work.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a fun topic, give us your websites and i bet you £100 we will find fault with it.

Message 5 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Nothing's perfect but we are advising of broken links via the forums and they're slowly but surely getting resolved:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 6