cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM ONLY Contract - can I keep my old O2 Number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm due an upgrade in a day or two but don't want a new phone, instead I've found a good deal online for a SIM Only contract that's much better than what I;m currently on (and the deal expires soon!)

If I purchase the new SIM Card/Contract now, I guess I then need to cancel my current contract (which will be rolling over I assume) when the new SIM arrives... but will O2 let me keep my current phone number?

Alex

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
O2 help page here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
I reality, you need to get your new sim then call on 202 to transfer your number, which will automatically close your old account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

Yes, you can keep your old O2 number. No problem at all. However, you need to provide your existing O2 number.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Do I provide my number when ordering my new SIM only contract?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
O2 help page here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
I reality, you need to get your new sim then call on 202 to transfer your number, which will automatically close your old account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No worries mate.
Just ask if you have anymore questions.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6