cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Roaming Rules - took out tariff specifically for international data.... reduction due

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded to an iPhone 7 and took out a more expensive tariff than I usually would due to an offer of unlimited data usage in Europe. 

Given that European legislation has now changed, effectively abolishing roaming charges, should I now be eligible for a tariff price reduction?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Why?
The legislation was already out there and everyone knew it was coming.
The extra you got was a free sweetener and there was no additional costs included for early free EU roaming.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Why?
The legislation was already out there and everyone knew it was coming.
The extra you got was a free sweetener and there was no additional costs included for early free EU roaming.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really as that was the tariff you chose at that correct price at the time of the purchase. Tariffs come & change all the time 

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You chose the tariff and signed the contract. O2 will expect you to honour the contract just as you expect them to honour their obligations and commitments​ to their customers. You aren't entitled to any reduced terms.

Message 4 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
But.... You could use it as an excuse to take an extra holiday. 😂
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you're quick tongue

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions