cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Status

Anonymous
Not applicable

The coverage in my area isn't too good, and hasn't been for some time. I have been checking on the O2 Live Status Checker since Christmas and I am constantly told:

"Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area. You might experience problems making calls, using the internet or sending/receiving e mails in this area".

When I look in the "Planned Maintenance" or "Unexpected Issues" there is nothing stated there for my area. I have been phoning in and asking about this problem but I am told exactly the same thing by customer services. Does anyone at O2 know anything about this and who could give me any further details?

My postcode is WS4 near Walsall in the West Midlands.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Keep us in the loop.

Message 11 of 16

pauls33
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have similar in the DL2 area (pay monthly customer)

Signal is not great but is mostly ok for phone calls, I occasionally check the status to see if any changes are being made

middle of last week I noticed that after checking my postcode it said they where doing maintenance today (31st)

What I don't understand is that under the scheduled maintenance option nothing is showing, but enter the postcode and it says they are working on a mast in the area

if this is scheduled maintenance why doesn't it show under that option

be nice to see an improvement by the end of the day, but I will be surprised
Message 12 of 16

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have been experiencing this message for the last week now;

Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area. Updated 10:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Postcodes are WS10 & WS1

I have reported this via My Network & Live Chat, but no concrete information has been given in relation to the issues. It is getting beyond a joke now.

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I feel your frustration.

When o2 upgraded my local masts to 4g I had intermittent signal for over 2 weeks.

😞
Message 14 of 16

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi

The reason i am frustrated is because 4g has been around in these areas since November/December, but for some reason they don't seem to tell us anything, the usual just keep checking the status page....

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a similar issue with a local mast here since October 2013 and although I have been advised the mast will be upgraded I have no idea when.
Message 16 of 16