cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Natural end of contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract came to a natural end on 7 nov 2014, after a 24 months contract, I assumed that this is the end but am told I need to give 30 days notice. I do not want to be charged for an extra month as I cannot afford it. Why isn't that date considered as the end of the contract, it is not a cancellation but a natural end of contract. Customer service does not seem to understand the subtlety between the two.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I'm afraid it is not CS misunderstanding.
All your contract wording refers to "minimum term" of 24 months, not a maximum term.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , sorry u feel that way but no contract cancels automatically, it is part of your terms and conditions that u give 30 days notice to cancel.

You have 2 options really, if u give the 30 days, after the final bill is produced you will have the line rental u have in advance credited back or probably the best based on what u said, get a pay and go sim,get a pac code and transfer the number.When the number transfers out it will cancel it on that day.

If u get the pac code today, and the sim, u can get this sorted by tuesday.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A contract runs its term but does not naturally end I'm afraid.

It's uoto you as the account holder to officially end it.

Help thread : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

And for PAC Codes http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
a contract will not end automaticaly you have to cancel with notice. its in the terms and conditions.
Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I'm afraid it is not CS misunderstanding.
All your contract wording refers to "minimum term" of 24 months, not a maximum term.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you still require a mobile service but cost is the issue, as you are no longer "in your minimum term" you could ask o2 to switch you to a cheaper sim only tariff.

The change would be almost immediate, no 30 day on full tariff charge etc. (Note if you changed to a sim only you would still have to give 30 days notice to cancel your service in the future OR request and use a pac code).

Hope this helps
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you still require a mobile service but cost is the issue, as you are no longer "in your minimum term" you could ask o2 to switch you to a cheaper sim only tariff.

The change would be almost immediate, no 30 day on full tariff charge etc. (Note if you changed to a sim only you would still have to give 30 days notice to cancel your service in the future OR request and use a pac code).

Hope this helps

Awesome advice piperdog123

i suppose even dropping to a PayAsYouGo Account type too. 

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing piperdog123
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found a solution I've dropped 02
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope your new network ticks your wants and needs boxes.
Message 10 of 13